Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled the trigger on Stillens rear sway bar. Has anyone on the forum ordered and installed these? I'd love to hear feedback. I should receive before the end of this week. I have a Hybrid Sport Q50 RWD. Review to follow soon.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
any updates on this yet?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm considering upgrading only the rear sway bar on my Q50S AWD...since no front sway is available.

I know that upgrading sways are one of the best mods for the G37(xS) and thinking it may be the same for the Q50S AWD.
Since Infiniti finally designed the actual sport suspension on the Q50S, will going with the Stillen rear sway be enough of an upgrade to be noticeable?

Would this be beneficial purchase?

Hoping maybe Hotchkis will make a set for the Q50S AWD...;)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I ordered the Stillen rear bar for my Hybrid Sport AWD, it's due Saturday.
Let us know when you have installed it and share your thoughts/feelings on it...I'm highly considering doing the same.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Second that emotion!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I ordered the Stillen rear bar for my Hybrid Sport AWD, it's due Saturday.
I installed the Stillen rear sway bar today, simple install, no need to drop the rear mufflers like on the G37xs.
I placed the links in the outer holes, car handled slightly stiffer than stock, I reset them to the inner hole and it was much better, cornered flatter and the steering felt lighter for some reason, even in sport mode.
I'll report back after driving my normal routes for a few days.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
the lighter steering you're getting with the new sway bar installed, is due to the fact that you've taken a car that tends to oversteer ever so slightly, and has actually INCREASED the oversteering even more... be cautious in the wet bro... it could throw you into a tail spin if you tweak the steering in a sweeper too much!

Reactions: toinfiniti

·
Registered
540 Posts
I installed the Stillen rear sway bar today, simple install, no need to drop the rear mufflers like on the G37xs.
I placed the links in the outer holes, car handled slightly stiffer than stock, I reset them to the inner hole and it was much better, cornered flatter and the steering felt lighter for some reason, even in sport mode.
I'll report back after driving my normal routes for a few days.
Great!

Please let us know your thoughts and if it is a worthy mod for the Q50S AWD.
I already find the handling is already quite flat with the stock Sport suspension and definitely interested to know if the Stillen will help improve it more.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
any more feedback on this setup...?

·
Registered
540 Posts
@zbest85

Any news regarding the rear Stillen sway?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry for the delay, Traffic on my usual route has been terrible this week so testing it out has been difficult.

What I know for sure is it stiffens up the rear suspension, to the point that I developed a vibration when going 70+.
I went today to have my new Pilot Super Sports rebalanced on a Hunter Road Force machine, and found 3 of my wheels are bent, the two rear are the worst, a risk of buying a used car.
The tire shop will straighten and rebalance them next week.

The bar does improve the handling, makes the car a bit more agile, the front doesn't push through corners now.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sorry for the delay, Traffic on my usual route has been terrible this week so testing it out has been difficult.

What I know for sure is it stiffens up the rear suspension, to the point that I developed a vibration when going 70+.
I went today to have my new Pilot Super Sports rebalanced on a Hunter Road Force machine, and found 3 of my wheels are bent, the two rear are the worst, a risk of buying a used car.

The bar does improve the handling, makes the car a bit more agile, the front doesn't push through corners now.
Honest opinion...is it worth it?
Does it make a real difference like the way it does with the G37x(S)?

·
Registered
61 Posts

I don't understand, was your used car already in bad condition before the sway bar or did the sway bar make things worse?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't understand, was your used car already in bad condition before the sway bar or did the sway bar make things worse?

The wheels had bends in them prior to installing the Stillen bar, I didn't know about the bends.
The bar stiffened up the rear suspension so that the vibration from the wheels was now telegraphed into the car.
I did not feel it with the original runflat tires, but did notice a slight shake with the new Pilot Sports, but really noticed it with the bar on it's stiffest setting.

All in all, I'd say the Stillen bar is a worthwhile addition to the handling of the Q. (without bent wheels!)

·
Registered
61 Posts
The wheels had bends in them prior to installing the Stillen bar, I didn't know about the bends.
The bar stiffened up the rear suspension so that the vibration from the wheels was now telegraphed into the car.
I did not feel it with the original runflat tires, but did notice a slight shake with the new Pilot Sports, but really noticed it with the bar on it's stiffest setting.

All in all, I'd say the Stillen bar is a worthwhile addition to the handling of the Q. (without bent wheels!)
So the car actually rides better on the stiffest setting vs the softest setting? I was looking to upgrade my suspension but didn't want to give up too much comfort.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts