Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe | Obsidian Black
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to do a 0-60 run on automatic mode today for the first time after installing JB4 map 2 +5 PSI. It was worse than stock without JB4 at 5.9 secs (5.4s without Jb4). With TC on I loss power at around 30 mph, and with TC off my wheels keep on spinning. Wheel spins were so bad when the boost kick in.

Is it because of the tires or I just suck :cry: ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
youre asking a 3800lb car to accelerate quickly on 225/50/18 tires. if its awd, then its a 4000lb car. 225s are laughably small for a car of this size. 245s are better but barely.

on top of that, runflats are extremely hard casing tires. while this makes for excellent steering feel compared to most non-run flat tires, you give up ride quality and comfort. that same super stiff sidewall also doesnt allow the tire to conform to the road when cornering and it affects mid-late cornering ability. straight line traction is predominately dictated by the tire compound first, design second. theyll never be as good as a non-run flat though.

so no, its not you, its the tires. also, if youre RWD, youre not going to be able to dead hook from a stop unless you have a drag radial and warm it up first. no street tire with a treadwear over 200 is going to hold. even below that, most wont. if you really want to hook on the street, youre going to need a drag radial and a way to get heat in them either by burn out or driving around on them for 20-30 minutes. between the 1st gear in the trans, an IRS with tons of camber gain/squat on launch, and the low speed torque of the engine, leaving hard from a stop on a street tire will never be easy.

all tire types are a trade off and its up to you to decide what trade offs you can live with.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
youre asking a 3800lb car to accelerate quickly on 225/50/18 tires. if its awd, then its a 4000lb car. 225s are laughably small for a car of this size. 245s are better but barely.

on top of that, runflats are extremely hard casing tires. while this makes for excellent steering feel compared to most non-run flat tires, you give up ride quality and comfort. that same super stiff sidewall also doesnt allow the tire to conform to the road when cornering and it affects mid-late cornering ability. straight line traction is predominately dictated by the tire compound first, design second. theyll never be as good as a non-run flat though.

so no, its not you, its the tires. also, if youre RWD, youre not going to be able to dead hook from a stop unless you have a drag radial and warm it up first. no street tire with a treadwear over 200 is going to hold. even below that, most wont. if you really want to hook on the street, youre going to need a drag radial and a way to get heat in them either by burn out or driving around on them for 20-30 minutes. between the 1st gear in the trans, an IRS with tons of camber gain/squat on launch, and the low speed torque of the engine, leaving hard from a stop on a street tire will never be easy.

all tire types are a trade off and its up to you to decide what trade offs you can live with.
Thanks, wheels n tires upgrade next!
Love you all!

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Reactions: DeeCee

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thinking of getting a q60 wheels and wrapping them with 255 40 19 square set up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thinking of getting a q60 wheels and wrapping them with 255 40 19 square set up.
4 x 19x9.5 RS rears with 285/35/19 goodyear eagle f1 supercar 3Rs would probably be the ideal street setup. you would probably need 2 sets of tires per year though. its about the only goodyear tire that isnt terrible somehow. they do quite well on track days and are a little faster than trofeo Rs and compare equally to sport cup 2s.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I tried to do a 0-60 run on automatic mode today for the first time after installing JB4 map 2 +5 PSI. It was worse than stock without JB4 at 5.9 secs (5.4s without Jb4). With TC on I loss power at around 30 mph, and with TC off my wheels keep on spinning. Wheel spins were so bad when the boost kick in.

Is it because of the tires or I just suck :cry: ?
Worst tires I’ve ever had honestly

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Upgraded to q60 wheels. 255 40 19 all around. Still have like 40% tread left. After that I'm gonna change tires to Falken Azenis FK510.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
18 RS Q50 RWD
233 Posts
heard recently on raceprovenmotorsports that run flats will get better dyno numbers than mickeys etc. shrug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts