Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had two black leather g37s in a row and I'm considering the stone this time around. Looks like the sport Q only offers stone and black. I read on here that the stone leather stains and the floor is easily marked and soiled. I live in San Diego so snow and rain aren't an issue but I have kids and coach sports. My questions are for a 3 year lease will the stone stay nice? How do you like the interior after driving it for a few months? Do you regret getting the light interior?
I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm in NorCal and have the stone interior. The carpet and interior have held up great in the four months / 5000 miles I've had the car and still look new.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Had Stone Leather in my M45 - over 6 years it discolored a little bit, but not bad. I wear jeans every day and did not get any blue in the leather.

Have a stone Q50. Happy with the seats, but already seeing dirt buildup in carpets. Wish stone interior had black carpet.

Reactions: Sudzz

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
See if you can get a set of black carpeted floor mats with the stone interior. Should be a nice contrast.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have stone interior and had stone in my G. It's all a matter of how well you keep your cars. My interior is doing well.. if I see something I simply detail it off. Black interiors are easily marked and soiled as well. You just don't see it. Note: I have all weather floor mats.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I agree it's all in how you care for it.

My 2011 G37S has the stone interior. Ive had a lot of kid related grime come through my car and it's held up quite well. I like to take the mats out and clean them with a circular brush attached to a drill (and with some carpet soap from Chemical Guys) every six months and that helped a lot.

As for the interior, I used Optimum Protectant Plus (OPP) on all the hard surfaces and Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner for the seats and it took care of the grime that showed up.

The seats will turn blue/brown a bit as you use them, but it is easy to clean. If you don't want that hassle of cleaning them periodically or don't like the two-tone look that is in the Q now (the G had color-coordinated interior for Stone as you'll see in my pictures to come) then I'd go with Graphite.

I'll post pictures once I get home from my trip.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I think the stone looks awesome, and is going to be a lot cooler in the summer.
Well, at least in the mind it will be.

I thought I'd seen studies where the color of the seats don't necessarily make a significant impact to the temperature of the car or the seats. I think they said that having tinted windows have the biggest impact to temperature in comparison.. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Well, at least in the mind it will be.

I thought I'd seen studies where the color of the seats don't necessarily make a significant impact to the temperature of the car or the seats. I think they said that having tinted windows have the biggest impact to temperature in comparison.. :eek:
:cool:true. I have stone interior on 09 convertible, no issues. You need to take care of the car as you would any other color.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Reviving a dead thread...

Anyone know where to get a set (front and back) of all-weather mats in stone for a 2017 Q50 Premium Plus? I'm having zero luck! I have even checked with the dealership and they say they aren't available but I think that doesn't add up since they are an option when building a new Q50 online. Weathertech sells a great product but they only come in black, gray, and tan...they don't color match. In other words, no guarantee the gray would even match. Anyone have any info/leads?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Reviving a dead thread...

Anyone know where to get a set (front and back) of all-weather mats in stone for a 2017 Q50 Premium Plus? I'm having zero luck! I have even checked with the dealership and they say they aren't available but I think that doesn't add up since they are an option when building a new Q50 online. Weathertech sells a great product but they only come in black, gray, and tan...they don't color match. In other words, no guarantee the gray would even match. Anyone have any info/leads?
Ask them for a set for a 2015 or 2016.

Reactions: Nemesys

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Ask them for a set for a 2015 or 2016.
Will they for sure fit? I'm too new to the Q50 crowd (got my car Tuesday morning) to know if there's a difference in interior design.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Yes, but don't take my word for it. Go try them out - you're going there to buy them anyway.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Yes, but don't take my word for it. Go try them out - you're going there to buy them anyway.
I was hoping someone may know for sure since the closest Infiniti dealer to me is 85 miles away. Oh well...need to break the ride in anyways, right? Plus, it's a trip down into Florida!
:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
i'll guarantee they fit. there has been no change in interior dimensions or footwell sizes since the q50 came out. hybrid may be a different story.

you may decide you like the look of the black ones better anyway - they tie in with the black dash and door trim quite nicely, and unlike the beige mats, will not show shoe scuff marks. ymmv.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
i'll guarantee they fit. there has been no change in interior dimensions or footwell sizes since the q50 came out. hybrid may be a different story.

you may decide you like the look of the black ones better anyway - they tie in with the black dash and door trim quite nicely, and unlike the beige mats, will not show shoe scuff marks. ymmv.
Thanks, Bo Darville.

·
Registered
365 Posts

Yes - I have the matching all-weather mats, but may pick up the black ones. Never liked the light-color floor mats..

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I tried the "matching" stone floor mats. They fit well but the color does not match. So I switched to black. Then I switched to black weather tech.

Pretty sad Infiniti didn't match the colors on the Q50. I never had the trouble on my G35....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.