Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I took delivery of my Q50S, the salesperson paired my phone and I agreed on my phone (Nexus5) to let the Q read my texts, phone book, etc...

While my phone both reads and responds to texts through InTouch, I do not like the interruption. I would like to turn this feature off.

I have searched both the InTouch manual and the Owners manual and cannot figure out how to stop using the text messaging feature. Help!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Disconnect your phone from the car completely and redo the connection and you may be able to hook the phone up without selecting this box. Give it a try and if it doesn't work, I should be able to figure something out that does on our Q50 in the showroom.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This is for the iPhone (iOS 7), but maybe it is similar in some way.

Go to the Bluetooth settings. Under the "Car's" setting/information, there is a "Show Notifications". If you turn that off, those popups disappear.

Again, that is for the iPhone, but maybe there is a similar setting on yours.

Reactions: Mr. PLP

·
Registered
256 Posts
I know when I first connect my phone it asks on my phone if I want to share my messages via bluetooth to which I say no, then it asks if I want to share phonebook and call log and I say yes, but when I say yes to that it automatically thinks I say ok to messages to I guess. Did this on my ford edge with my ford touch as well, never found a way around it, although sometimes it just stopped and I don't know what I did to stop it, I know on the iphone there is an actual option in the settings, can't find one on my lg g2.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Shut it down

yea i think the texting is super annoying and sometimes kind of a burn. so far have found no way of disabling it besides turning bluetooth off completely on my phone
Especially when the popup is from the Girlfriend with the wife in the car
talk about AWKWARD!!!:D

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
In my opinion you should format your phone to get rid from popup. :)
Not sure what does doing a factory reset on your phone have anything to do with new text message popup in the Q's intouch system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.