Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the threads about the TPMS accuracy, but I have an opposite issue. I get in the car and the sensors read 35 psi EVENLY in all four tires and go down after about 10 minutes of driving. They even got down to 31 psi at one point. I stopped at a Goodyear shop near my house three days in a row and they were slightly baffled. On the last stop, they filled it to 37 psi all around and now I'm holding steady around 35-36 psi for the past few days.

It could be faulty sensors. If it comes back, I will take it in to the dealer.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I would definetly take it in for a check. Air pressure goes up and you drive, not go down. Mine sits at 35 cold and goes up to 37 after warmed up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have read the threads about the TPMS accuracy, but I have an opposite issue. I get in the car and the sensors read 35 psi EVENLY in all four tires and go down after about 10 minutes of driving. They even got down to 31 psi at one point. I stopped at a Goodyear shop near my house three days in a row and they were slightly baffled. On the last stop, they filled it to 37 psi all around and now I'm holding steady around 35-36 psi for the past few days.

+1... I forgot to mention it when I went in for my update. There are even times where my TPMS does not have a reading at all... even after I've driven for a reasonable distance. But at the rate that I'm racking up the miles, I'll be back in before too long for my first oil change.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tire Pressure

I am having a similar issue, though in my case while driving 3 tires (except rear passenger side) are about 37/38 and the one in question is always 2 psi's less i.e. 35/36.

Is that an issue with the tire? TPMS sensor? Need a trip to the dealer??

Appreciate all responses.

Note: I have OEM RFT's with about 10K miles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.