Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we just bought our Hybrid last night and the only thing we aren't thrilled about is the trunk space.

I was curious if anyone has a baby... How does the stroller fit in the trunk? I'm sure once you put the stroller, there isn't much space left for anything else, but I'm primarily asking for just a stroller, nothing else.

We don't have a baby, and when we do, we will probably have 12 months left on the lease, so we will see... if it does become an issue, we will have to get a regular one instead of a hybrid (or get a QX56 or something) for our next lease.

It made us curious, so here I am asking. How does a stroller fit in the trunk of the Hybrid?

thanks!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sorry I can't help there, luckily my kids are well out of their stroller days. I am picking up my sister tomorrow and she will have a baby car seat and stroller I have to pack into the car along with some luggage. I am hoping she is bringing the umbrella stroller these days. I can pack a large suitcase, milk carton holder with detailing supplies, and other goodies in the trunk. You should be fine with a folding stroller, you'll just have to shop for a stroller that fits the trunk, not a car that fits a stroller. I leave the kiddo hauling duties to my wife's MDX for family outings.

Where did end up buying from? I guess it all worked for the best. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I probably wouldnt fit in the trunk of the hyrbid, if it does, it'd be a tight squeeze

I've seen lots of customers with 3 series, A4s etc. come in with the same concern, they usually end up getting a roof rack + a cargo box to carry baby stuff like strollers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I can't help there, luckily my kids are well out of their stroller days. I am picking up my sister tomorrow and she will have a baby car seat and stroller I have to pack into the car along with some luggage. I am hoping she is bringing the umbrella stroller these days. I can pack a large suitcase, milk carton holder with detailing supplies, and other goodies in the trunk. You should be fine with a folding stroller, you'll just have to shop for a stroller that fits the trunk, not a car that fits a stroller. I leave the kiddo hauling duties to my wife's MDX for family outings.

Where did end up buying from? I guess it all worked for the best. Congrats!
I got it from coconut creek infiniti, ended up being $4,716 under MSRP which is like 1,000 under invoice!

our other car is a corvette, so that makes it impossible for 3 people rides. LOL

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies guys... We had a feeling this would be an issue, but I'm sure we'll find a solution. I was hoping someone had found something already so I figured I ask.

wife is so **** picky too... oh well, she'll have to figure something out. lol.

I don't know a thing about strollers and it's a year away anyways.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Initially you will probably have the car seat that just has a base in your car, and the car seat just comes out with your baby in it.
It's much less of a pain then strapping a new born into the car all the time.

Then you have a stroller frame, and the car seat (that you pulled out of the car with your baby in it) just drops into it, and away you go.

That will fit.

Like this ->

http://www.diapers.com/p/graco-snug...pla&ca_sku=AGO-248&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}

If I remember tomorrow I'll see if our bigger stroller fits in the trunk.
I don't think the enormous fancy ones you can buy will fit.. but who knows.
It probably depends on how they fold up.
It's just a matter of getting it through the trunk opening.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Oh, it'll fit in the vette no problem ;) C6 zo6 im assuming?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Z06, this one barely fit.
One front wheel is touching the back seat, and the other front wheel is touching the trunk when you close it.

It looks like the problem is the length from the trunk lid to the back seat.
With the width of this stroller, if it was any wider the trunk lid would not shut.

Graco Quattro Tour Reverse Travel System Stroller - Capri | BabiesRUs

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just wait till you have to install a booster seat for an older child. It is VERY hard to buckle the seat belt.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Installed 3" seatbelt extensions I bought off of Amazon. No booster seatbelt issues now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Tonypgst, I was thinking about that, but was worries about 2 safety concerns.
1. Does the shoulder strap sit too high with the extension?
2. Is the hold just as strong?

Can you pass on the info where you got them off Amazon.

Thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
This is just to extend the seatbelt up to make it easier for my girl to put in the seat belt herself, it does not change the position of the seat belt on the booster chair. Look at the link, you'll see what I mean. With the seat belt connector recessed into the seat, the booster seat covers it. The extender will keep it from doing so and make accessing it easier.

I will post the link when I get to a computer.

Here is the link... [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ0Y2JC/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
172 Posts
My wife is a car seat guru/enthusiast. I am an Infiniti enthusiast. We are just out of the stroller phase (2.5 and 4.5 y/o boys). They are both in Britax Avocates ("convertible seats") in my Q50SH - one front facing, one rear facing. No problems. I put the rubber mats in just in case. My little one puked the second day after delivery, but has been fine since. He loves going in "daddy's car" way more than the Odyssey. You could probably get that Graco SnugRider in the trunk. The strollers that come with the initial car seats for the early months are big. We had a whole Chicco set and then an extra SnugRider for my car (M37) at the time. You should be fine.

I'd be more than happy to get my wife's recommendations for the safest car seats if you would like. She is getting certified in March to be a car seat technician.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.