Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for not taking pictures of this, but it was really a trail and error process to see if it would fix my issue. Also, I’m not positive that this will fix your specific problem, but it did mine.

I was experiencing an issue with my down shift paddle being sensitive or a stuck feeling. It would either down shift with the slightest touch or it would take a couple of touches to make it down shift. It was becoming very annoying and problematic, so below are the steps I took.
  1. Remove the paddle shifter that is problematic
  2. Once removed, remove the small Phillips head screw that attaches the blue (down shift) or white (up shift) paddle.
  3. Use a small screwdriver at the top and gently press down on the 2 tabs to pop out the switch.
  4. Take note of how the copper tab is oriented. Mine was flat and should have been in a arched shape (as compared to my up shift paddle).
  5. Remove the copper tab and reshape as necessary and place it back on the nipple of the paddle shifter.
  6. Reinstall the blue or white switch and tight the Phillips screw.
  7. Reinstall paddle shifter back into your car and test.
Hopefully this was helpful. If my problem comes back, I’ll be sure to update the three as with photos.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,323 Posts
Sorry for not taking pictures of this, but it was really a trail and error process to see if it would fix my issue. Also, I’m not positive that this will fix your specific problem, but it did mine.

I was experiencing an issue with my down shift paddle being sensitive or a stuck feeling. It would either down shift with the slightest touch or it would take a couple of touches to make it down shift. It was becoming very annoying and problematic, so below are the steps I took.
  1. Remove the paddle shifter that is problematic
  2. Once removed, remove the small Phillips head screw that attaches the blue (down shift) or white (up shift) paddle.
  3. Use a small screwdriver at the top and gently press down on the 2 tabs to pop out the switch.
  4. Take note of how the copper tab is oriented. Mine was flat and should have been in a arched shape (as compared to my up shift paddle).
  5. Remove the copper tab and reshape as necessary and place it back on the nipple of the paddle shifter.
  6. Reinstall the blue or white switch and tight the Phillips screw.
  7. Reinstall paddle shifter back into your car and test.
Hopefully this was helpful. If my problem comes back, I’ll be sure to update the three as with photos.
Good post. Photos would definitely be beneficial if you ever have to revisit this fix.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed. I wasn’t sure if this would actually fix my issue, so I didn’t take photos. If it happens again, I’ll definitely add photos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts