Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that there are a ton of threads about bumper cover swaps, but I have seen any success stories. So, has anyone successfully installed a 2018 bumper cover on to a 2017 or below?

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,995 Posts
Since there was no question mark in your thread title, I thought you were going to give us a success story!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad. Fixed the title.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are lots of 2018 front bumper kit for 2017 on the market. But I don't understand why you want the 2018 bump, it doesn't look much better.
Since you are getting a new bump, why not get something unique, like the Eau rouge bumper.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
Here's a unique bumper:

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,995 Posts
I know it doesn't help the OP, but here's an example of a dude who replaced the rear from '17- to '18+.

I'm sure the front is doable too, with enough time and money, but I suspect some of the sensors might be tricky since they relocated to the grill in '18+.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are lots of 2018 front bumper kit for 2017 on the market. But I don't understand why you want the 2018 bump, it doesn't look much better.
Since you are getting a new bump, why not get something unique, like the Eau rouge bumper.
I have a 2016 premium and I like the look of the 2018 Sport front bumper cover. I’ve seen the Eau Rouge, but I’m beyond the days of the Fast and Furious look and $2000 is a bit steep.

Yes, there are several conversion kits out there, but $1000-1200 is a bit steep as well. I’m watching the used parts market in hopes of finding one that already liquid platinum with minor cosmetic damage between $300-400. Most of them do not come with the fog light covers or lower grill insert, but those seem to be fairly inexpensive.

In reading and watching videos of bumper cover removals for the 2016 and 2018, it looks like there is a difference of where the front sensors are located. Two on the bumper and two in the grill (which would need to be painted or wrapped black). Provided that the wiring is long enough, a grill swap should be the “simple” solution. Just sucks because I just purchased and installed my blacked out grill. Oh well, I’m sure I can find one for the bumper cover swap.

I am very passionate about doing this, so I would imagine that I’ll be doing this in the near future (provided COVID doesn’t interfere). Once I start the process, I’ll do my best to keep this thread updated. Here’s to a potentially successful install. 🍻

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's hard to tell in this picture, but I like the look of the 2018 because of the how the fog light cover extends down to the bottom of the bumper cover and creates a black front lip of sorts. My car is liquid platinum and I'm like the color with the black accents.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts