Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working with AMS on getting e-tune. They told me to give it **** and data log the trip, which I did on Sunday. All went well, no problems and the data log looked good per AMS.

Drove home Sunday evening and drove to work this morning without problems. Left work today and suddenly have no power. The car appears to be working fine otherwise, no CELs, no smoke, just a severe lack of power.

I did a data log and have sent that off to AMS. While I wait, I wanted to post in here to see if anyone had an idea of what I can check. During the logging I noticed my atmospheric pressure was anywhere from 12PSI to 14PSI, whereas yesterday during the spirited driving it was mid to high 13s. Turbos appear to be spinning normally and are building some boost, just not much...with a boost error well north of 10-15PSI while cruising.

Are there any charge hoses that like to loosen themselves during spirited driving? Almost feels like a decent sized boost leak.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I've been working with AMS on getting e-tune. They told me to give it **** and data log the trip, which I did on Sunday. All went well, no problems and the data log looked good per AMS.

Drove home Sunday evening and drove to work this morning without problems. Left work today and suddenly have no power. The car appears to be working fine otherwise, no CELs, no smoke, just a severe lack of power.

I did a data log and have sent that off to AMS. While I wait, I wanted to post in here to see if anyone had an idea of what I can check. During the logging I noticed my atmospheric pressure was anywhere from 12PSI to 14PSI, whereas yesterday during the spirited driving it was mid to high 13s. Turbos appear to be spinning normally and are building some boost, just not much...with a boost error well north of 10-15PSI while cruising.

Are there any charge hoses that like to loosen themselves during spirited driving? Almost feels like a decent sized boost leak.
Happened to me once or twice before. Pull over, turned off the engine, restart, boosts normally. No CEL.

Why did this happen? Dunno… but it felt like the car went into limp mode.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Happened to me once or twice before. Pull over, turned off the engine, restart, boosts normally. No CEL.

Why did this happen? Dunno… but it like the car went into limp mode.

Same thing happened to my stock Premium about a month ago. I was on the expressway and suddenly had no get up and go. Decided not to freak, made it to the theater, watched movie, started car and all was well. Hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! That did the trick!

Was watching the data logger as I went out again and noticed the atmospheric pressure was pretty consistent at 13.7 PSI. Almost like sometimes, something doesn't boot up correctly during the start procedure and that causes the pressure to bounce around?? No idea if that's it, but just seems weird that the two are somewhat correlated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After reading these threads I don't know if I feel any better. Same exact sequence of events - started normally, got onto freeway, then completely limp. Managed to get it back home, started it again and totally normal.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Any DTCs listed in EcuTek?

I went through many situations of loss of power to the car just shutting off over the past year; each time had different DTCs triggered. All of the ended up being the result of bugs with EcuTek. For what it is and does, EcuTek is a great product and well engineered; however, it most definitely has some software bugs. My issues have been resolved with newer RaceROM patches (which you should definitely have if AMS recently tuned the vehicle), although EcuTek was not able to explain why new patches resolved my issues -- they attribute it to a lucky fix. I expect near perfect from AMS, but I would warn you to expect difficult times with EcuTek.

(The only alternative option is UpRev which I find to be absolute dog ****, both on other platforms and the VR30.)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just brought my car to the dealer last night for what sounds like is the same issue. I’m stock haven’t tried any modding 2019 q50 RS. I’ve noticed it a few times, but it is becoming normal now. It does it all the time and a reset dosent work sometimes. I took the service tech for a drive and pulled up the performance screen that shows how hard I’m pushing the throttle- they could believe I was 50-75% down and the car was responding so slowly. They took in car videos to have a record. The 300hp 3.0t loner they put me in feels faster- that sucks. It’s a huge safety concern to me because twice I went to pass someone and had a total loss of power. My 16 red sport never acted like this. I’m so frustrated.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
This happened to my car pre-EcuTec tune. Limp mode big time. Then a second time, but after 2 severe FEB activations, while passing. (almost caused an accident)
Shut car off for a few minutes and back to normal.
Been good after EcuTec updates. Looking forward to CC map switching and launch mode!

·
Registered
42 Posts
This happened to my car pre-EcuTec tune. Limp mode big time. Then a second time, but after 2 severe FEB activations, while passing. (almost caused an accident)
Shut car off for a few minutes and back to normal.
Been good after EcuTec updates. Looking forward to CC map switching and launch mode!
Excuse my ignorance, but what does FEB stand for?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Forward Emergency Braking

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any DTCs listed in EcuTek?
No DTCs listed in EcuTek. Before beginning the e-tune process, I made sure to update the BT adapter and software to the latest and greatest software versions.

This limp mode hadn't happened for awhile, then just recently happened to me last Sunday. I got a little more aggressive with the car instead of trying to baby it like the last time it happened. It still built boost, but I basically had to floor it leaving traffic lights if I wanted to get up to speed with traffic. With all of the tech and sensors in these cars, it's so weird there are no CELs or DTCs getting stored when this behavior happens. Had the car for 1.5 years prior to tuning and the limp mode thing never happened.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine did this last week and finally threw some DTC codes. When the problem happened, the codes were present, I shut the car off, started again, codes were still present. Shut the car off again and let it sit and the DTC codes disappeared.

P0012-00 - "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Retarded Bank 1
P0022-00 - "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Retarded Bank 2

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mine did this last week and finally threw some DTC codes. When the problem happened, the codes were present, I shut the car off, started again, codes were still present. Shut the car off again and let it sit and the DTC codes disappeared.

P0012-00 - "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Retarded Bank 1
P0022-00 - "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Retarded Bank 2
What RaceROM version? My experience has been good on an up-to-date RaceROM version as of May 2, 2019. (Sorry, I do not recall which RaceROM version it is, as I have run into another EcuTek bug where "RaceROM is not installed" despite it most definitely being installed ... just going to keep running as it is until I do an updated tune later on.)

My painful journey to get to this stable point:https://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/problems-solutions/124871-car-will-not-start-engine-sputter-3.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow I guess I’m not the only one with this problem... but I’m not tuned I just have a Jb4. I’m cleared the codes but the car was still sluggish. It doesn’t feel like it’s 100%

1 - 15 of 15 Posts