Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is that feasible amount?

I have a white Q50S so I'm thinking the wheels should be darker to look the best.

And what suspension setup with that? I see coilovers but usually I'm not a huge fan of spending the big bucks on coilovers.

Mainly concerned about your thoughts on wheels...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Depends if you are looking to move to a larger setup and away from the OEM size. Reason is the wheels would be possible, if you are planning to stay with the same size and remount the tires. If wanting a new wheel and tire package, that may be a challenge depending on what you are looking for.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I don't think I'd want to remount the tires. I think that would lead to some really thick looking tires, no?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I suppose 2k is a feasible budget on wheels depending what size you're looking for, but if you want an honest opinion...don't put cheap wheels, tires or suspension components on a Q50. The car demands more. IMO save up a bit longer and buy quality.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If your looking at rubber tires... and lets just say you use the same size as the sport rim.
245/40-19.

Michelins that people here liked I think were $800-$900.
I'm kind of looking at Hankook V12 EVO's for my lease.. those are $704 on tirerack.

Poke around tirerack to get an idea for tires.
Then you will know what you have left for rims.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't mind spending more if I have two but I just bought two St. DuPont pens and I'm prolly gonna pick up an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra as well. Plus a move to Hawaii.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your looking at rubber tires... and lets just say you use the same size as the sport rim.
245/40-19.

Michelins that people here liked I think were $800-$900.
I'm kind of looking at Hankook V12 EVO's for my lease.. those are $704 on tirerack.

Poke around tirerack to get an idea for tires.
Then you will know what you have left for rims.
Ok assume then the EVO tires and no more than $400 per wheel. Thoughts?

·
Registered
573 Posts
What do you like in wheels, what size (diameter/width), look, flush, concave, lip, etc. That will all set the stage for what you are looking at per wheel and price of tires. Remember, as you change tire sizes, prices change. Give us some examples of what you like look wise, then go from there on pricing options.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
is the 2000 just for rims and tires extra...or 2000 rims and tires? are you looking to stay in the 19s range or are you looking to upsize to 20s

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
If u could do 2k for wheels, may I suggest the Velgen VBM8s polished silver!

If that's your absolute budget then I suggest looking for some nice used wheels! Zilvia.net, myg37, G35driver, etc!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so I talked to platinumv37 and decided I like his wheels in the dark color. Total IF I wait for springs to come out for this car will be around $3000 or so. That's what I'm going to do. I don't think I'm going to just jump on coilovers. The whole thing isn't THAT important to me, as the car is gorgeous and I want to get a new watch that costs more than that as well. So I don't want to do both at once. Sorry for wasting people's time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.