Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any dedicated sway bars for the AWD 3.7 Q50? I only see RWD when searching for it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Because of the additional front end weight, Infiniti specs a beefier front sway bar for the AWD versions of the Q50 & Q60, so the stock front sway bar is sufficient for most owners.

I have the exact same RSB on my '17 Q60 AWD. On the stiffer setting (the Stillen RSB comes with two optional settings), you'll go from understeer (front end wants to plow) to neutral - at least that's been my experience. Start with this mod.

If you want to go further, you can tweak both front and rear compliance by installing different end links, too. I also have the rear SPL End Links:

SPL Parts SPL PRO Rear Adjustable Sway Bar End Link - Infiniti Q50 14+ V37, Q60 17+ CV37 SPL RE V37 - Concept Z Performance

I still have the stock front end links. When I go to coil-overs later this year, I'll invest in the SPL Front Adj Links, too.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,635 Posts
Anti-Sway Bar

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,058 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
I thought about it also.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,635 Posts
I'm too predictable?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I sometimes feel I'm watching "The Muppets Show" in this forum, with Waldorf and Statler ready to chime in at any moment...;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
I remember those guys!

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
So just to confirm, there currently isnt an aftermarket front sway bar for the AWD models?

There isn't one, and let me be perfectly clear: I am not convinced to even the slightest bit that you need a rear anti-sway bar for the AWD.

The car needs wheels/tires, good coilovers, adjustable control arms and a proper alignment.

If you add an anti-sway bar to the rear only, you will have to run more negative camber in the rear than in the front to keep neutral.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The car needs wheels/tires, good coilovers, adjustable control arms and a proper alignment.
After speaking to a Speed Shop specializing in Nissan & Infiniti, it sounds the above plan is what I'll be doing this spring to my Q60 Red Sport. With the house and family constraints, I'll stick with suspension mods 1st. The plan is to install the RS-R Active C/Os, SPL Adj Upper Control Arms, Front Adj FSB End Links, and Rear Adj Camber Arms. They'll align the car, including adjusting the front & rear end SB links to ensure the Anti-Sway Bars are neutral after installation.

Apparently, a 1.0 - 1.5 in. drop all around will not require the offset Adj. Tie Rod ends.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
After speaking to a Speed Shop specializing in Nissan & Infiniti, it sounds the above plan is what I'll be doing this spring to my Q60 Red Sport. With the house and family constraints, I'll stick with suspension mods 1st. The plan is to install the RS-R Active C/Os, SPL Adj Upper Control Arms, Front Adj FSB End Links, and Rear Adj Camber Arms. They'll align the car, including adjusting the front & rear end SB links to ensure the Anti-Sway Bars are neutral after installation.

Apparently, a 1.0 - 1.5 in. drop all around will not require the offset Adj. Tie Rod ends.
I am gonna suggest -1.6 camber all around...and zero toe if you are running factory anti-sway bars.

Do you have an aftermarket wheel/tire setup? I can't see one in your signature nor do you have a link to your build thread, but a 275 square needs same camber all around. 265 square can use a touch more negative up front.

If the Active coilovers have the same number of clicks as the sport coilovers, you may end up at fronts being full hard while rears are full hard minus 8 clicks. At least have them set the rears to 10 from full hard until you play around with the front setting and adjust the rears again (gonna be a little time consuming as you will have to remove your wheels...I have extenders for my sport coilovers).

Have them do an alignment at the initial install. Don't get a "rough" alignment just because you will be back in a week or two to do another alignment.

More than likely, you will end up with a 3rd alignment after a while.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I am gonna suggest -1.6 camber all around...and zero toe if you are running factory anti-sway bars.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Do you have an aftermarket wheel/tire setup? I can't see one in your signature nor do you have a link to your build thread, but a 275 square needs same camber all around. 265 square can use a touch more negative up front.
I do not. It will be next after suspension mods (gotta get it done before the garage starts into the racing season). In addition, my house needs a re-paint this summer, and that will set me back a few thou.

If the Active coilovers have the same number of clicks as the sport coilovers, you may end up at fronts being full hard while rears are full hard minus 8 clicks. At least have them set the rears to 10 from full hard until you play around with the front setting and adjust the rears again (gonna be a little time consuming as you will have to remove your wheels...I have extenders for my sport coilovers).
Ok, good to know. I plan to stay with the 10k/5k spring rates as-built.

Have them do an alignment at the initial install..
That's the plan.

More than likely, you will end up with a 3rd alignment after a while.
I've had C/Os on other cars, so after the "settling period/break-in", I'll likely get the alignment re-checked.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts