Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a call from my dealer (Frontier Infiniti) notifying me that I have to come to get system update which I asked her what kind of update and she was not sure. I did ask her if this has something to do with apps and she confirmed me it is NOT. My system is already *.646 and I don't have any problem at all so far and I got no DAS. She asked me to leave the car for a day.

Does anyone else get notification from their dealer regarding system update? Andrew? I will only know it once I go for update but it would good to know something from others.....

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Do you know what is listed then? I am surprised it is marked as RECALL!!! Do you have work number, i.e. P***? Sinecure?

Other than inavailability of apps, the wind noise and being virgin (no cool wheels, spoiler, etc), I don't find any issue at all. I drove the car a lot and pushed the car to certain limit sometimes but so far so good >:D

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
djohnson,
I saw your post on this back then and I think the dealer had that done on my first oil change back in January.
I noticed my volume button moves faster now so I am assuming it is the same update (but I might be wrong).

I guess I will see what sinecure or andrew will say. I won't be able to bring the car to dealer this week or next week (out of town) but looking forward if someone did it first.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got the notification in the mail about the service campaign on the DAS and InTouch, but not a recall. I had my car in at the dealer a few weeks ago to do the updates. I am still only on .0578, so I'm not sure they actually did the update. I can't notice anything different. The volume response seems about the same, though I didn't think it felt that slow before. I called the dealer over a week ago and he said the update was performed but couldn't tell me what version I should be on. He said he'd look into it and get back to me. Since I still hadn't heard from him in over a week, I called Consumer Affairs today and talked to another clueless rep. He said I should be on version 1.9. I don't know where that number comes from. He didn't know about the .0578 number. I said my "Android Version" is 2.3 and asked if that's what he was talking about. All he would tell me is the latest version is 1.9 but couldn't tell me how to know if that's what version I am on.

Who do I have to call who actually knows something about this car?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The service dept in dealer should know.
My service rep seems quite busy and not returning my call yet. He or she should be able to give you the detail or get the summary of what it is going to be updated.

The Infiniti customer service won't know unless you request a technical person to answer your question.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Like I said, I've been waiting for over a week for my service rep to call me back. Frustrating.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
News to me. There may be a small update available, but nothing major that I know of. My suspicion (and it is only suspicion) is that with all the bad press and feedback from earlier updates with lack of notification, everyone is trying to get out in front of any potential issues and over, rather than under-communicate. But I'll check.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like I said, I've been waiting for over a week for my service rep to call me back. Frustrating.
A week? if that happened to me, I would definitely check out the receptionist, the sales guy you dealt with, or someone higher at dealer (you can check their website) to see if that person could give you a call back. Some people just say i'll get back to you but since they are busy, they just forgot.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Ye mine is for DAS only.
And I get my tank of gas.

I asked about InTouch.
They didn't have a concrete answer but thought it should be here before the 2015 models come out.

Kind of sucks.. either they are told to not say anything, or Infiniti really isn't telling the dealers anything in regards to InTouch. :confused:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ye mine is for DAS only.
And I get my tank of gas.

I asked about InTouch.
They didn't have a concrete answer but thought it should be here before the 2015 models come out.

Kind of sucks.. either they are told to not say anything, or Infiniti really isn't telling the dealers anything in regards to InTouch. :confused:
sweet.... but I got no DAS! oh well... i'll just go.. hopefully full tank of gas also!!!(but I doubted it)

I totally agree about that. I actually asked my sales guy, the service dept, none of them seem to have a clue. I am not sure if they are told not to say anything or not.

Thanks for the update. I'll drop mine next week then since it is not urgent other than the airbag... I'll make sure I put my pillow on the dashboard if I have passenger.:D

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Or they got tired of repeating promises that were made and being the ones who bear the brunt of the whining and complaining from customers. So now they don't promise you anything because at least then you can't whine that they "lied" to you.
:nerd:

Reactions: InfinitiNYC
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.