Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,865 Posts
Paper napkins (typically acquired form fast food restaurants) may be placed back on the counter if not too soiled. Toilet paper is the brandless 4 pack for $0.68 from Wal-Mart.
Leaves are free and are compostable. Hang on to those tea bags too. They can be used more than once. Might be a little weak after 3 or 4 uses but think of the money you're saving.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You're gonna get mother earth all hot n bothered by all this green talk, lol.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Like Boar's Head meats say.. "compromise elsewhere.." 😂

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,817 Posts
My sister-in-law turns her used ziplocs inside out and runs them through the dishwasher. If she ever has one drop down on the dishwasher's heating element during the drying cycle, she'll wish she hadn't done so.
Our Bosch dishwasher does not have a heating element in the cabinet (it must heat the water before it enters the spray heads). Dishes are not fast to dry and some glasses have standing water on top of them once cooled down. Our old KitchenAid did have a heating element and the dishes were always dry when they came out.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
I'll bet you wash your used ziploc sandwich bags in the dishwasher to reuse them too.
We will reuse paper plates over and over as well. Unfortunately, there does come a time where the call is made that the plate or ziplock bag has reached the end of its useful life. mrs. ptatohed's judgement call comes before mine. I feel they always have "a few more uses" left in them.
Paper napkins (typically acquired form fast food restaurants) may be placed back on the counter if not too soiled. Toilet paper is the brandless 4 pack for $0.68 from Wal-Mart.

I was waiting for someone to get to "condoms".

Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Our Bosch dishwasher does not have a heating element in the cabinet (it must heat the water before it enters the spray heads). Dishes are not fast to dry and some glasses have standing water on top of them once cooled down. Our old KitchenAid did have a heating element and the dishes were always dry when they came out.
But think of the energy savings!! 🤣

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
Reactions: u1arunit

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Effin' tight Europeans. I'm surprised it isn't a diesel.
my Bosch is the same.

My old GE was wonderful, but getting old and I decided to please the wife.

Had I known I would have tonuse rinse aid and still not have dry dishes, I would have bought something else.

Consumer advice on Q50.org

Reactions: Pillboy

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,865 Posts
Good old Bosch condensation drying, depending on hot water in the final rinse to promote drying which it doesn't do very well. Been there with Bosch and replaced it with a Kitchenaid dishwasher that has a drying element. You might try using a rinsing agent like Bosch recommends but I didn't find that to help much.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
So, forgive me for taking the topic somewhat back on track, lol, but I need to vent. Changing the battery is a pain in the arse on our cars. You need to remove the plastic battery box. You need to remove half the lower windshield shroud, or at least enough to move it out of the way. Then stuff is still in the way making it difficult to get a full sized battery in/out. I ended up with 6 push pins but 1 of them was different. I forgot to take note where it came from.

I think I may be able to get my half size battery in and out of the battery door, without having to remove all those panels, next time!

Reactions: Wheels43

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
Good old Bosch condensation drying, depending on hot water in the final rinse to promote drying which it doesn't do very well. Been there with Bosch and replaced it with a Kitchenaid dishwasher that has a drying element. You might try using a rinsing agent like Bosch recommends but I didn't find that to help much.
I do use Jet Dry and finally ran out of Cascade and switched over to Finish detergent like Bosch recommends. I also run it on the "Extra Shine" setting which I think uses very hot water to supposedly aid the drying of the dishes.

Did you ever have any issues with splotchy, black colored residue on some dishes after they were washed? It scrubs off by hand easily enough, and only seems to appear on dishes with sugary residue on them - think Eggos and maple syrup that have dried on the plates for a few days - those plates now get washed by hand. I will never buy a Bosch appliance again. Eff Germans and their over-engineered POS (I am 75% German BTW).

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
So, forgive me for taking the topic somewhat back on track, lol, but I need to vent. Changing the battery is a pain in the arse on our cars. You need to remove the plastic battery box. You need to remove half the lower windshield shroud, or at least enough to move it out of the way. Then stuff is still in the way making it difficult to get a full sized battery in/out. I ended up with 6 push pins but 1 of them was different. I forgot to take note where it came from.

I think I may be able to get my half size battery in and out of the battery door, without having to remove all those panels, next time!
Cry me a river. I've changed the battery in our 2013 Escape. It is tucked so far under the cowl it can run my wife's vibrator when she is in the driver's seat.

Our Escape has a battery minder system that "should" be reset with a dealer scan tool when a new battery is installed. Some $h!t about a charging algorithm that varies the amount of current sent to the battery by the alternator based on battery age. Supposedly to cut down on parasitic drag from the alternator by not spinning it under load all the time, I believe in the name of fuel economy. Does Infiniti employ some similar voodoo that will eat your big buck lithium battery and spit out the remains? Just curious if anyone (probably @Avedis53) knows.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,865 Posts
I do use Jet Dry and finally ran out of Cascade and switched over to Finish detergent like Bosch recommends. I also run it on the "Extra Shine" setting which I think uses very hot water to supposedly aid the drying of the dishes.

Did you ever have any issues with splotchy, black colored residue on some dishes after they were washed? It scrubs off by hand easily enough, and only seems to appear on dishes with sugary residue on them - think Eggos and maple syrup that have dried on the plates for a few days - those plates now get washed by hand. I will never buy a Bosch appliance again. Eff Germans and their over-engineered POS (I am 75% German BTW).
Never had any black residue. I'm about 100% German. My grandparents came to Ellis Island from Hamburg. Won't buy Bosch again either though.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,865 Posts
Cry me a river. I've changed the battery in our 2013 Escape. It is tucked so far under the cowl it can run my wife's vibrator when she is in the driver's seat.

Our Escape has a battery minder system that "should" be reset with a dealer scan tool when a new battery is installed. Some $h!t about a charging algorithm that varies the amount of current sent to the battery by the alternator based on battery age. Supposedly to cut down on parasitic drag from the alternator by not spinning it under load all the time, I believe in the name of fuel economy. Does Infiniti employ some similar voodoo that will eat your big buck lithium battery and spit out the remains? Just curious if anyone (probably @Avedis53) knows.
Infiniti does have something similar to that and it is called the " Power Generation Voltage Variable Control System". It reduces fuel consumption by reducing the engine load created by the alternator where appropriate. Based on sensor signals from the Battery Current Sensor which is installed on the battery's negative cable, the ECM sends a signal to the IPDM E/R. It in turn converts the ECM command into a PWM signal and sends it to the IC voltage regulator in the alternator to meet the demand. When there's no power generation PWM signal, the alternator performs the normal power generation according to the characteristic of the IC voltage regulator.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
A man doesnt mind paying for rinse aid. A man just doesnt know what it will do to in in the long run.

And, a man can smell the rinse aid after dishwashing.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
Infiniti does have something similar to that and it is called the " Power Generation Voltage Variable Control System". It reduces fuel consumption by reducing the engine load created by the alternator where appropriate. Based on sensor signals from the Battery Current Sensor which is installed on the battery's negative cable, the ECM sends a signal to the IPDM E/R. It in turn converts the ECM command into a PWM signal and sends it to the IC voltage regulator in the alternator to meet the demand. When there's no power generation PWM signal, the alternator performs the normal power generation according to the characteristic of the IC voltage regulator.

View attachment 99852
I KNEW you'd know.

I replaced the battery in our Ford and did not do anything about reseting the battery age. I have noticed no ill effects so far (a few years), so it probably makes no difference to the charging of the battery, but has dropped fuel mileage by 0.06 MPG.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,865 Posts
I KNEW you'd know.

I replaced the battery in our Ford and did not do anything about reseting the battery age. I have noticed no ill effects so far (a few years), so it probably makes no difference to the charging of the battery, but has dropped fuel mileage by 0.06 MPG.
Don't know about the Ford system but I see no reset procedure for the Infiniti system.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,865 Posts
Rinse aids aren't just for improving drying, they help reduce water spots too.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts