Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tanabe just released springs for our q50.

Inch drop in the front, .5 in the rear. I was hoping for more. :(

Reactions: bbrowne

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I looked at the pictures they have on their site, you can barely even notice a difference. :(

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know but I was told it was for people with big wheels, I have 20s so I'm thinking it would be way more noticeable

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Yea! Saw it on FB a few days ago but didnt know that the drop was just .5" and 1"! Thats dissapointing! :(

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I know but I was told it was for people with big wheels, I have 20s so I'm thinking it would be way more noticeable
Ah ok. Yeah that might help then if you have 20s. I did the same thing on my TL with 19s and it filled the wheel well nicely and had a nice look to it.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Not to bad but I can promise you'll have the same gap with 20's as the factory 19's. These cars sag in the rear while driving, I think it will look much better while rolling.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I thought they were 2 months out from releasing those to the public? I like the drop, subtle and closes the gap, I dont wanna be 2 inches down, a little too much for me as vancouver doesnt have the nicest roads

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sorry guys... the drop is more than that.. coz.... I'm scratching my car even on passing the speed bump.. lol

btw.. that is my car in the photo.. Mark from Stillen knows how low my car is when I was there to do "alignment". :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called the rep, and was told that information, can you confirm it's different?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Order them on the tanabe website, just
Google tanabe

Edit:

I actually think you have to call them.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have both the underbrace and spring on, car felt really responsive on corners and road conditions. The car steering shaking so bad and pulling at first I thought it was my alignment issue but later I learned it was due to the drop and underbrace. Because the car has less flexibility now so every little detail on the road you can feel them all.

So after I got used to it the ride is not bad at all. I like stiff handling so I like it a lot. I don't feel the unstable when I changing lanes or turns at high speed. Only complaint I have is I need to swivel around at every speed bump now.. LOL

So the height is perfect if you plan to have front, side and rear splitter add-on.

Danh @ Tanabe should be able to help on ordering those springs and underbrace. Give him a call (310) 783-0200

·
Registered
573 Posts
What's your fender height from the ground front and rear?

My stock heights are: FD - 27 1/2", FP - 27 1/4", RD - 27", RP - 26 7/8".

Curious to see what the difference is and also if these springs would work on the Hybrid and have the same drop.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hit up Danh Vo @ tanabe or maybe even hit up the shop I go to, Alex of Fuzion Teknique! Maybe he can hook u up with a good price! ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
the gap between the bottom of my car to ground is almost 6" all around. not sure if that helps.. ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
correction guys.. TANABE doesn't sell to public so you can only buy from authorized dealer. Stillen should have them! Right Mark?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.