Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Q50 2018 read sprot
7 Posts
No ETA, still working on it. There's still a lot I need to figure out first before we launch to the public.
if you try to make it fast, it will help to make cars go faster and it will help alot . dose this transmission applay in q50 and q60 or to othere nissan and infinity cars.

·
Registered
66 Posts
any update? have you learned anything new in the last month? hope all is going well.
Racebox has been kind enough to ship me a development car for the next 2 weeks. I hope to have a lot figured out in that time span. The past couple months I have been focusing on support for the 2021 VR30 ECM, the TCM had to be put on hold.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did I say 198? My math was way off. There's 10 shift states, 7 gears, 14 tables per shift state per gear so that's NINE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY tables just for shift scheduling. This is gonna take a bit to add lol

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
622 Posts
Whoa 😳

·
Registered
66 Posts
Some of the shift states aren't going to be used for tuning, but I'm adding them still. There's shift states like Manual Failure, Normal Failure, etc that tuners shouldn't need to touch, but there's still quite a few main ones that will need to be adjusted. There's a lot of logic in this TCM

·
Registered
281 Posts
sounds like a lot of temperature vs tq demand vs drive mode vs manual shift blah blah blah lol.

thanks for the update! glad to see some progress, even if its just informational right now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Got the major shift scheduling tables added, it's a really funky system that isn't just a 2D/3D table so it's going to be a bit confusing. The TCC stuff is last on the list of tables to add, and then we should be releasing.

Unfortunately I'll be out for 2 weeks next Monday so that'll hold us up, but hopefully not much longer as long as the TCC stuff isn't terribly complicated

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got the major shift scheduling tables added, it's a really funky system that isn't just a 2D/3D table so it's going to be a bit confusing. The TCC stuff is last on the list of tables to add, and then we should be releasing.

Unfortunately I'll be out for 2 weeks next Monday so that'll hold us up, but hopefully not much longer as long as the TCC stuff isn't terribly complicated
Thanks for the update. I’m very excited keep up the great work.

·
Registered
281 Posts

will there be the ability to leave in second gear from a dead stop?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Actually yes. I added Minimum Gear for Manual Mode which forces 2nd gear even from a stop if you set the value to 2. Technically you can set it to whatever value you want up to 6, but I'd stick with 2 lol
I can’t wait. A TCM tune is just what I want. Excuse my ignorance but does this also have the ability to tune the awd system like forward and reverse bias? Or when the Awd system kicks in?

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can’t wait. A TCM tune is just what I want. Excuse my ignorance but does this also have the ability to tune the awd system like forward and reverse bias? Or when the Awd system kicks in?
As of right now, I don't have anything defined for controlling the forward/reverse bias in AWD. I'm uncertain if the code for that would even reside in the TCM, but I haven't dug that far into it yet. The AWD controller does look like a decent option if you're looking for that, although the auto shift function would be rendered obsolete once you get the TCM tune.

Having said that guys, I'll be out tomorrow through the 20th, getting married and going on a honeymoon, so any more update requests are going to get "ignored" until then. Sorry! I'll be back at it with fresh eyes when i get back though, shouldn't be much longer.

·
Registered
710 Posts
As of right now, I don't have anything defined for controlling the forward/reverse bias in AWD. I'm uncertain if the code for that would even reside in the TCM, but I haven't dug that far into it yet. The AWD controller does look like a decent option if you're looking for that, although the auto shift function would be rendered obsolete once you get the TCM tune.

Having said that guys, I'll be out tomorrow through the 20th, getting married and going on a honeymoon, so any more update requests are going to get "ignored" until then. Sorry! I'll be back at it with fresh eyes when i get back though, shouldn't be much longer.
Congrats and have fun on the honeymoon ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update: Shift scheduling tables have been located. According to testers (SonicTuned and Racebox), it's a much more enjoyable experience now keeping it in D. There's still a WOT limiter I need to locate that keeps you from upping the schedule passed 6600, but making some serious progress.
When will this be available for other tuners ?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts