Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

TCM tuning started!

27K views 110 replies 31 participants last post by  twin_snails 
#1 ·
Making some headway with the TCM tuning through HPTuners to be able to bring the first VR30 TCM tuning to the market. This will work in conjunction with currently tuned vehicles and once the TCM tables are fully defined, I will he offering it as an add on to my current Ecutek customers to start then as a stand alone service to everyone else. Stay Tuned. Follow me on IG or facebook @SonicTuned for more info on it. I will be updating this post as well.

See less See more
#6 ·
Yes it is compatible with 21, Racebox has been working on testing the 21 for us as well. Everything is exactly the same, unlike the ECM which i find very odd.

What can be changed so far? Super interested, I had given Evan a copy of my tcm read.
So far we've gotten through DTC disabling, upshift timing, shift pressures and gear ratios. Still doing the reversing to figure out shift scheduling, but it's coming along.

#4 ·
What can be changed so far? Super interested, I had given Evan a copy of my tcm read.

#5 ·
Subscribe as more info is provided. :)

#9 ·
is that scheduled shifts at 6600rpm? also, is there a lot of room to close down the shift period when tuning?

#10 ·
Yes, in D, Sport, etc at WOT you can up the shift schedule about 300 rpm before hitting the limiter. Lower than that, the world is your oyster. Car shifts so much better with the scheduling tables tuned.

Yeah shift timing is what i was talking about with changes the period it takes to go from one gear to another. There's a large chunk of room to cut down on the shift timing, lots of "comfort" built into these TCMs

#14 ·
Interested in this for the TCM...

#15 ·
is it possible to change the delay between the shift command at the paddle/shifter and the beginning of the shift? i was looking through the service manuals and it looks like thats probably a fixed value due to how everything communicates.

#16 ·
Doea hpt already have Q50/Q60 with VQ37 auto trans TCM tuning/support?

#26 ·
Whoa 😳

#27 ·
Some of the shift states aren't going to be used for tuning, but I'm adding them still. There's shift states like Manual Failure, Normal Failure, etc that tuners shouldn't need to touch, but there's still quite a few main ones that will need to be adjusted. There's a lot of logic in this TCM

#28 ·
sounds like a lot of temperature vs tq demand vs drive mode vs manual shift blah blah blah lol.

thanks for the update! glad to see some progress, even if its just informational right now.

#30 ·
Got the major shift scheduling tables added, it's a really funky system that isn't just a 2D/3D table so it's going to be a bit confusing. The TCC stuff is last on the list of tables to add, and then we should be releasing.

Unfortunately I'll be out for 2 weeks next Monday so that'll hold us up, but hopefully not much longer as long as the TCC stuff isn't terribly complicated

#49 ·
i still appreciate your time and effort. take your time and make it right.

#50 ·
I’m a total idiot when it comes to Thai stuff.
Can you make this dummy proof for me?
Will work on RWD cars?
Will work on auto trans/shifting (I don’t use Manual).
Explain like. 3rd grader what this will do, benefits are?
I.e make car feel faster, rocket ship. :)

thank you. Contingent on the above, I’d be totally in to make my 50 faster ;)

#51 ·
I'm sure they will have a full list of benefits when it is actually released.

I’m a total idiot when it comes to Thai stuff.
Can you make this dummy proof for me?
Will work on RWD cars?
Will work on auto trans/shifting (I don’t use Manual).
Explain like. 3rd grader what this will do, benefits are?
I.e make car feel faster, rocket ship. :)

thank you. Contingent on the above, I’d be totally in to make my 50 faster ;)

#54 ·
That all makes perfect sense - just didn't realize there was any significant variation available for someone to command those firmer shifts. Looking forward to the outcome of the TCM tune!