Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who pre-ordered, did you get the Technology Package? If so, when do you expect to get your car? Just checking the inventories of multiple dealerships, and it seems like Q50's with the Tech Package are pretty hard to come by. My dealer has no idea when the car I pre-ordered will be here. I just assumed that people who were eager to get this car right off the bat would want it fully loaded, and that there would be plenty available.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I did. Arrives end of August (CA emission)

Shadow Graphite
Stone

Q50 Premium RWD
Leather Seating
Nav Package
Deluxe Touring
Technology Package
Spair Tire
19 inch Wheels
Trunk carpet/package

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
The first run or two didn't have many tech cars in the mix, because it's a top-tier option and only on fully loaded cars, which pushes the price up into a higher base level category (where the BMW 5 series and other heavyweights rule). It's so deep and integrated it can't be a port option which kinda hurts production also. I'm betting the majority of these will be luck (crystal ball production numbers).

To me, it's not a great value. If I paid less attention to the road I would probably want more electronic nannies keeping me out of trouble, but as it stands, tech only brings 1 or 2 things I'd actually use daily and that doesn't justify the enormous package stacking you have to do to bring it home. Offered minus stacking it would be a much better deal.

·
Registered
302 Posts
For those of you who pre-ordered, did you get the Technology Package? If so, when do you expect to get your car? Just checking the inventories of multiple dealerships, and it seems like Q50's with the Tech Package are pretty hard to come by. My dealer has no idea when the car I pre-ordered will be here. I just assumed that people who were eager to get this car right off the bat would want it fully loaded, and that there would be plenty available.
I pre-ordered a Q50S AWD with tech / nav / touring. I don't have my car yet. Last I was told, the VIN was in hand indicating it is at the local port and awaiting the update. Updates at the port this week are apparently slowing deliveries.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Yeah from the search my dealer did, there was only 6 of them in the US that had my config from my signature.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I preordered. Mine is at my dealer, ready for pick up. I will be going Saturday.

Hagane Blue
Wheat

Q50 Premium RWD
Leather Seating
Nav Package
Deluxe Touring
Technology Package
19 inch Wheels

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Yeah from the search my dealer did, there was only 6 of them in the US that had my config from my signature.
Mark one off the list - that's my exact config as well. Wanna arm wrestle for it?;)

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I hear what Afrosheen is saying but I feel the tech package is well worth it. I have had the laser cruise on my M and G save my hide on a few occassions - and I remember them all. NJ Turnpike, fast lane, going with traffic and a hard, slam the brakes stop for no seeming reason.

Happened 3 times on one trip. I remember all 3 stops (didn't stop the car like the Q system but does brake, warns you and tightens the seatbelts).

I really miss those types of features when I drive my wife's Lexus so I'm looking forward to having a bit more room to take the Q on trips instead of the SUV and use all of the technology in the tech package.

Tech package FTW!!!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I hear what Afrosheen is saying but I feel the tech package is well worth it. I have had the laser cruise on my M and G save my hide on a few occassions - and I remember them all. NJ Turnpike, fast lane, going with traffic and a hard, slam the brakes stop for no seeming reason.

Happened 3 times on one trip. I remember all 3 stops (didn't stop the car like the Q system but does brake, warns you and tightens the seatbelts).

I really miss those types of features when I drive my wife's Lexus so I'm looking forward to having a bit more room to take the Q on trips instead of the SUV and use all of the technology in the tech package.

Tech package FTW!!!!!
We have 2 infinitis in the driveway, both with that feature. I can tell you it has been tested several times in both cars. When the brakes are applied in a hurry, the seatbelt s make you one with the car. There is no better sense of safety then when those seatbelts retract and nail you to the seat!

·
Registered
276 Posts
The tech package, probably more so than anything else sold me on this car. Also have an M and use adaptive cruise daily. I'm a geek, so driving one of the first semi-autonomous cars speaks to me. Of course like many other things too, but this was a big differentiator for me.

Reactions: Doyle

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
We have 2 infinitis in the driveway, both with that feature. I can tell you it has been tested several times in both cars. When the brakes are applied in a hurry, the seatbelt s make you one with the car. There is no better sense of safety then when those seatbelts retract and nail you to the seat!
Same here, been in situations already with the M37 where the distance control saved me when someone cut my off and then hit the brakes hard.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Unlike lots of folks here who lease, I plan to purchase and keep this car for ~10 years. By then, the stuff in the tech package will likely be standard in even the entry level cars (heck everyone now at least offers blind spot monitoring as an option on the lowest priced cars). If I am keeping a car for 10 years, I am getting one loaded up. $3600 for the tech package over 10 years of use is nothing.

·
Registered
336 Posts
With how fast technology is going now though, in 3-4 years all this tech (at least the visuals in the car, not necessarily the safety tech) will look dated. As was pointed out in the other thread, this thing is running 2.3. In general, all these fun gadgets in the car started development 2-3 years ago, and are already behind compared to today's tablets.

Still want all the gizmos in my car though, but you have to realize that it's not an investment as there's always going to be nicer and newer things down the road.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Is there any way for us, the consumer, to check out inventory around the country? The inventory process on Infiniti's website is laborious at best and you can only search dealer by dealer.

Anyone know if we can do this?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Is there any way for us, the consumer, to check out inventory around the country? The inventory process on Infiniti's website is laborious at best and you can only search dealer by dealer.

Anyone know if we can do this?
Cars.com, or the like. A dealer on here suggested this to me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am thinking I got the only tech package my dealer had in his 12 Qs ..... It certainly gets price up there quick so can see why they would not pre order many till they knew if they would sell
First time fore me with this technology looking forward to having it!!
VPP no doubt helped in cost but not sure by how much

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
With how fast technology is going now though, in 3-4 years all this tech (at least the visuals in the car, not necessarily the safety tech) will look dated. As was pointed out in the other thread, this thing is running 2.3. In general, all these fun gadgets in the car started development 2-3 years ago, and are already behind compared to today's tablets.

Still want all the gizmos in my car though, but you have to realize that it's not an investment as there's always going to be nicer and newer things down the road.
I wouldn't go far as to say that it will look dated.

Rather, it will just be easier to come by and with a lower premium to the cost of the car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wouldn't go far as to say that it will look dated.

Rather, it will just be easier to come by and with a lower premium to the cost of the car.
I would probably still say dated. I remember putting a preorder on the HTC Evo when it came out. Now 3 years and 2 phones later its screen looks really old. I imagine it's going to be the same for the Infotainment systems of today 5 years from now. Compared to before we had all these Infotainment stuff in cars, there just really wasn't much that would really get old easily in a car.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Reactions: chicagokevo
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.