Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,342 Posts
Crazy Canucks! 191 MPH? The article should have revealed what kind of car it was.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,370 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,370 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Police Officer that stopped him, said that it the fastest he has see on our highway, the kid didn't have a full license.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My Son has a 800 HP Bren Tuned 2016 MB CLS 63S AMG and it can DEFINITELY do
300+ KPH, It think it has a 200 or 220 MPH speedo...Yep, 5.5 Liter Twin Turbo V8 M157
goodness, it's a total GORILLA.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Police Officer that stopped him, said that it the fastest he has see on our highway, the kid didn't have a full license.
Apparently he has not seen a Hellcat on full boil !!

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,342 Posts
I've seen a Hellcat do 417 MPH...but it was a Grumman F6F.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
That kid has a lot of things that aren't "full".

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That kid has a lot of things that aren't "full".
His Dad has lost his car for a week, it's going to cost him a few bucks to get it from the Police Pound. And the Kid will not be driving any time soon.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
2,688 Posts
I don't think I have ever gone past 140/150. Now I feel like a wussy.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why would you say that, I think that you would care if you lost your car for a week. And Insurance rate, there is a time and a place.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nah, just a driver with a bit of sense. It's all fine and dandy to go that speed, just keep it on the track or strip. Absolute foolishness to put other peoples lives in dangers with that sort of speed.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,342 Posts
Nah, just a driver with a bit of sense. It's all fine and dandy to go that speed, just keep it on the track or strip. Absolute foolishness to put other peoples lives in dangers with that sort of speed.
While I like a fast car, street racing like I see these YouTubers post is stupid...period. Driving triple-digit speeds side by side on a highway with other cars on the road is ridiculous. That idiot kid nailed for doing 191 MPH should be jailed, his license suspended for a long time and the car permanently confiscated just like is done with drunk drivers here. One week of no car and a suspended license for a week is a slap on the wrist. Canada should make it more punitive than that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
While I like a fast car, street racing like I see these YouTubers post is stupid...period. Driving triple-digit speeds side by side on a highway with other cars on the road is ridiculous. That idiot kid nailed for doing 191 MPH should be jailed, his license suspended for a long time and the car permanently confiscated just like is done with drunk drivers here. One week of no car and a suspended license for a week is a slap on the wrist. Canada should make it more punitive than that.
Agreed. I mean I know most of us have probably been that young kid once or twice, thinking you're cool driving fast and all that but its not hard to figure out how ridiculously dangerous and careless it truly is. I wish drunk drivers received more of a punishment also. I know a guy on his 4th DWI and money has gotten him out every time except maybe a few over nighters in jail, its absurd. First offence should be a serious infraction, second offense should be complete termination with MAYBE a program put in place for YEARS that circumvents these types of actions in the individual.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are soooo many ways for things to go wrong at those speeds on a public road !

1st, at even 130mph you are covering ~200 fps and that leaves precious little reaction time to avoid any crap in the road (debris of any nature, pothole, dead (or live) animal etc.) and any sudden maneuver is likely to result in loss of control. Even a slight rise in the road can 'hide' some wayward bit of junk until you are right on it.

2nd - tires ! Sooo many things can go wrong at 130+ with your tires. Hitting even a small pothole or frost heave could easily result in a blowout & again, loss of control.

3rd, unless you are a pro racer or do a lot of track driving, you are unlikely to be experienced enough to deal with any control issues at those speeds and that's probably 99.9% of us.

I'll admit, I've had my waahoo moments on isolated, empty stretches of freeway here in the sticks but never as fast as this guy was going - just way too risky for my blood.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,342 Posts
Under Oregon law, DUI is a Class A misdemeanor, except when the offender has been convicted of DUI at least three times in 10 years prior to the date of the fourth or subsequent offense. In that case, the offender commits a Class C felony. Class A misdemeanors are punishable by up to one year in prison, a fine of up to $6,250, or both. Class C felonies are punishable by up to five years in prison, a fine of up to $125,000, or both. Despite these potential punishments, the following DUI penalties are mandatory:

• For a first conviction, the minimum fine is $1,000. The driver’s license suspension period is 90 days.
  • For a second conviction, the minimum fine is $1,500. The driver’s license suspension period is one year where the commission of the second offense occurred within five years of the first offense.
  • For a third or subsequent conviction, the minimum fine is $2,000 if the person is not sentenced to a term of imprisonment. If the third violation occurred within five years of the first and second violations, the driver’s license suspension period is three years. For a fourth conviction within a 10-year period, the offender’s driver’s license will be permanently revoked.
Additional Punishment for DUI While a Passenger Under 18 was in the Vehicle

In addition to other penalties associated with Oregon’s DUI laws, if an offender commits a DUI while a passenger under 18 was in the vehicle and the minor passenger was at least three years younger than the driver, the maximum fine is $10,000.

If you are cited for a crime (eg. reckless driving, DUI), your car can be impounded for a period of time or if convicted of a crime, legal action for civil forfeiture of the car can be implemented.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree, the laws are light, for these infractions, to see a person have their license taken and they can go home, to me is just stupid, just last night another teen, took his Mothers car out of the garage without asking, he was stopped doing 50 over on the side street, his license taken away and let go to go home to tell his mother that she lost her car for a week. He had a G1 license, witch means that he could not be driving by himself.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts