Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,858 Posts
I've been mostly happy with my Unavi upper screen and it still retains my CD slot (a must for me).

CDs eh? Why don't you go real old school and put one of these record players in your car?

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Font

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts
Reactions: Phagan90

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
145 Posts
I've been mostly happy with my Unavi upper screen and it still retains my CD slot (a must for me).

Does this support the ecutek app?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts
Does this support the ecutek app?
I don't know. It actually doesn't support the JB4 app. But it allows me to run Waze on the upper screen and JB4 on my phone.

Reactions: SLWQ50_

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I was looking at a video by SquareWheels Automotive, about the tesla screen he installed. It wasn't the typical Pheonix mk3 but one called Aucar mk5.

I was going to order that one as he gave a good review but they are overseas and shipping times were long. So I saw that on that same video he had one from Amazon linked in the description. Literally ordered the last one available and turned out good.

Install wasn't too bad, the worst part was feeding usb cables to the passenger glovebox, which I had to take off. Screen is really responsive compared to what the video I saw showed. View attachment 103046
I have the same model got it on Amazon too. If at all possible would u be ok to call me bc I have so many questions that I am trying to figure out about the unit. When I think I figured it out I find it leading to any questions.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have the same model got it on Amazon too. If at all possible would u be ok to call me bc I have so many questions that I am trying to figure out about the unit. When I think I figured it out I find it leading to any questions.
What is it that you're trying to figure out?

Although the instructions that came along with it weren't the best, I saw the video I mentioned and was easy for me. Here is the link.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is it that you're trying to figure out?

Although the instructions that came along with it weren't the best, I saw the video I mentioned and was easy for me. Here is the link.

The installation wasn't a problem it's learning some of the applications. Learning how to use this item to its full capacity. I looks incredible give the 50 a true elegant look. As u know this expensive so I want to make sure it's worth every penny. Hence my need for help

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The installation wasn't a problem it's learning some of the applications. Learning how to use this item to its full capacity. I looks incredible give the 50 a true elegant look. As u know this expensive so I want to make sure it's worth every penny. Hence my need for help
Oh I see, well the current ROM on it is kind of iffy to me. For example customization isn't all that on it unless you download an app for it. If you do download the app, it won't boot up on start up, you will have to press home button for it.

Also if you truly want to take full advantage of it, you should get the Sergey Rom. He is over on FB and charges $100 for it but so many ppl said it has been worth it, including the video I posted.

All in all, it's not as crazy as the Phoenix mk3 or the Aucar mk5 because it's just an amazon vendor that sells a generic version I would say. I can be wrong and haven't just found how to customize it properly but I'm still fresh to it, just as you. If you find any cool stuff let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I was looking at a video by SquareWheels Automotive, about the tesla screen he installed. It wasn't the typical Pheonix mk3 but one called Aucar mk5.

I was going to order that one as he gave a good review but they are overseas and shipping times were long. So I saw that on that same video he had one from Amazon linked in the description. Literally ordered the last one available and turned out good.

Install wasn't too bad, the worst part was feeding usb cables to the passenger glovebox, which I had to take off. Screen is really responsive compared to what the video I saw showed. View attachment 103046
Nice unit !
Question, DCM needs to remain connected to the vehicle in order for screen to function?

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nice unit !
Question, DCM needs to remain connected to the vehicle in order for screen to function?
Yes, but it comes with a pass by cable, so it connects to both the upper screen, which still stays in, and the tesla screen.

Reactions: SethSan

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium AWD (w/Bose & Nav)
647 Posts
How's the software? I feel like a lot of these units have pretty unresponsive/weird design elements.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
How's the software? I feel like a lot of these units have pretty unresponsive/weird design elements.
So far it's been pretty responsive, I wouldn't compare it to an Ipad. I'm getting a custom rom for it that improves both the responsiveness and the customization features.
it's called the Sergey Rom and works with any of the Tesla style screens for our platform.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Does anyone know if this will be compatible with a 2020 Honda accord

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Does anyone know if this will be compatible with a 2020 Honda accord
I don't know if they sell a tesla style oem replacement as I don't know the oem head unit the accord has.
But a quick google search can probably yield more results than looking in an Infiniti forum.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I don't know. It actually doesn't support the JB4 app. But it allows me to run Waze on the upper screen and JB4 on my phone.
Why can't you run the jb4 app? It won't work wirelessly but you can hardwire the jb4 to the Unavi.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts
Why can't you run the jb4 app? It won't work wirelessly but you can hardwire the jb4 to the Unavi.
I use AA, not CP, so I have to have my (Android) phone connected to the Unavi (via USB). Is that what you mean by hardwire? Not every app on your phone is compatible with AA. If it is compatible, it shows up on the upper AA screen. JB4 is not an app that shows up.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I use AA, not CP, so I have to have my (Android) phone connected to the Unavi (via USB). Is that what you mean by hardwire? Not every app on your phone is compatible with AA. If it is compatible, it shows up on the upper AA screen. JB4 is not an app that shows up.
I use AA as well. There is more than 1 USB port, or should be on the UNAVI like the SMA kit. I have 1 port from the JB4 to the SMA kit and then another port that I plug my phone into for AA. You natively install the app on UNAVI....or can you not install apps on UNAVI?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts
I use AA as well. There is more than 1 USB port, or should be on the UNAVI like the SMA kit. I have 1 port from the JB4 to the SMA kit and then another port that I plug my phone into for AA. You natively install the app on UNAVI....or can you not install apps on UNAVI?
it is not a tablet. You can not. I don't know if there is another USB port on the Unavi, I only know of one.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
it is not a tablet. You can not. I don't know if there is another USB port on the Unavi, I only know of one.
That explains it. I think SMA has 3 USB ports.

·
Registered
RWD 2016 Q50 Premuim 3.0t
96 Posts
I have the mark 3 Tesla screen from Phoenix automotive
Vehicle Car Plant Motor vehicle Wheel

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part

I just got tuned and found out that the device can’t receive a Bluetooth signal to connect with ecutek but it gives one off it that makes sense. I also got in touch with someone parting out with their Q and I noticed he had it working on his screen. It just needs to be hard wired to one of the USBs that is provided with the unit like a laptop. I will try to do it next week. I have had it for over a year and it’s a must over the base model that does not have navigation.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts