Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
How is the responsiveness compared to having it display from the phone
The touch obviously isn't as fast given that the screen tech isn't as fancy as new cell phones, but its still acceptable and nice not to have to deal with your phone at all to log/adjust parameters/etc.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I have the mark 3 Tesla screen from Phoenix automotive View attachment 104488

View attachment 104487

I just got tuned and found out that the device can’t receive a Bluetooth signal to connect with ecutek but it gives one off it that makes sense. I also got in touch with someone parting out with their Q and I noticed he had it working on his screen. It just needs to be hard wired to one of the USBs that is provided with the unit like a laptop. I will try to do it next week. I have had it for over a year and it’s a must over the base model that does not have navigation.
Let us know how it goes and post the pics or maybe a small clip of it in action.

Reactions: Q50_joaquin

·
Registered
RWD 2016 Q50 Premuim 3.0t
96 Posts
Let us know how it goes and post the pics or maybe a small clip of it in action.
Okay I decided to get it working before work today and it’s done!
Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Radio

still needs small detail changes to the dashboard but it’s ready.

My unit comes with two USB ports 1 for wired android auto and 1 for Apple car play. The unit is also able to do wireless Apple CarPlay. I hooked up the ecutek to the AA USB since I don’t have an android. The app works with both USB regardless.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Car

the connection between the USB is not very strong it could take vibration alone to eventually disconnect it so I electrical taped the connection to avoid that. I took the AA USB and fished it out of the glove box where it was originally. I took the USB behind the screen down towards the transmission tunnel. I fished the ecutek cable up behind where the obd is and up towards the driver air vent and down the side of the screen to the transmission tunnel where the connection will be sitting. All this took like 15 min. Double checked everything was still working and put back together the trim and double checked that it was still working.
Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering part Satellite radio

I have the ecutek app downloaded on this tablet. That being said I had to create a new dashboard for the tablet except the big problem was that the screen was zoomed in and couldn’t get to the drop down menu to edit the dashboard. After a bit of researchI found how to send myself my phone dashboard onto the tablet. I just emailed myself my dashboard. Opened up my email with the browser on the tablet. Downloaded the file and opened it and successfully saved onto the ecutek app. As you can see my IPhone XS setup did not fit so I had to custom make one specifically for the tablet on my phone.

Another thing to note is you can only have one dashboard file stored on the tablet. Since you can not get to the drop down menu to edit the dashboard. You cannot change between the dashboards. You can only keep one default dashboard if you want multiple parameters I suggest using multiple pages.

I have a video showing the work and the screen but not sure how to upload it.

all the other screens on ecutek work perfectly fine. I still have my navigation and Spotify working simultaneously with the ecutek dashboard. I don’t use Apple car play. I just use my phone to hotspot to the tablet and do everything else through the tablet.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Okay I decided to get it working before work today and it’s done!
View attachment 104527
still needs small detail changes to the dashboard but it’s ready.

My unit comes with two USB ports 1 for wired android auto and 1 for Apple car play. The unit is also able to do wireless Apple CarPlay. I hooked up the ecutek to the AA USB since I don’t have an android. The app works with both USB regardless.
View attachment 104528
the connection between the USB is not very strong it could take vibration alone to eventually disconnect it so I electrical taped the connection to avoid that. I took the AA USB and fished it out of the glove box where it was originally. I took the USB behind the screen down towards the transmission tunnel. I fished the ecutek cable up behind where the obd is and up towards the driver air vent and down the side of the screen to the transmission tunnel where the connection will be sitting. All this took like 15 min. Double checked everything was still working and put back together the trim and double checked that it was still working.
View attachment 104530
I have the ecutek app downloaded on this tablet. That being said I had to create a new dashboard for the tablet except the big problem was that the screen was zoomed in and couldn’t get to the drop down menu to edit the dashboard. After a bit of researchI found how to send myself my phone dashboard onto the tablet. I just emailed myself my dashboard. Opened up my email with the browser on the tablet. Downloaded the file and opened it and successfully saved onto the ecutek app. As you can see my IPhone XS setup did not fit so I had to custom make one specifically for the tablet on my phone.

Another thing to note is you can only have one dashboard file stored on the tablet. Since you can not get to the drop down menu to edit the dashboard. You cannot change between the dashboards. You can only keep one default dashboard if you want multiple parameters I suggest using multiple pages.

I have a video showing the work and the screen but not sure how to upload it.

all the other screens on ecutek work perfectly fine. I still have my navigation and Spotify working simultaneously with the ecutek dashboard. I don’t use Apple car play. I just use my phone to hotspot to the tablet and do everything else through the tablet.
Noice, I'm glad you got it working. It's too bad I'm getting rid of mine since I'm trading in my car for something different.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
What do you plan to switch too?
Planning on going either GTR or the new M3. Them M3s is putting down FBO w/E85 GTR numbers with just a JB4 and a downpipe and on E30.

Some dude on youtube put down a 10.2 on the draggy with the AWD M3.

·
Registered
RWD 2016 Q50 Premuim 3.0t
96 Posts
Planning on going either GTR or the new M3. Them M3s is putting down FBO w/E85 GTR numbers with just a JB4 and a downpipe and on E30.

Some dude on youtube put down a 10.2 on the draggy with the AWD M3.
Damn that’s pretty good, I guess it’ll come down to bang for your buck or which car you would like to own in my opinion. M3 would have a nicer interior with a good infotainment system right? That knocks out the screen swap

·
Registered
600 Posts
Looking into this. How is the speed of the unit? I hear there are a few problems/slowness with it. I kinda just want something to work and not something that needs hours of configuration to get just right and still have a few bugs/UI lag. I also hear the Joyeauto top screen replacement is better for reliability than Unav and you get touch screen.

Joyeauto Wireless Apple Carplay Android auto
VS
VS
Autostereo Android 13.6 inch HD Screen(Tesla)

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Looking into this. How is the speed of the unit? I hear there are a few problems/slowness with it. I kinda just want something to work and not something that needs hours of configuration to get just right and still have a few bugs/UI lag. I also hear the Joyeauto top screen replacement is better for reliability than Unav and you get touch screen.

Joyeauto Wireless Apple Carplay Android auto
VS
VS
Autostereo Android 13.6 inch HD Screen(Tesla)
Top screen replacement will be much better for responsiveness and reliability. I've had several issues with it already but they always fix them selves, so yea it's buggy. I still love mine as it refreshes the interior a bit.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts