·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:mad:

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is terrible. :(

On the flip side, I'm glad only the metal got banged up (and not the flesh and bones inside of it).

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Wow! Dang, that sucks man! Glad to hear everyone is ok!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maybe you can buy it at a discount now. lol.

That is some rear end though. He must have hit you pretty hard.

On the bright side, you got to experience how safe the Q50 is in a crash. Not many people get to experience this during a test drive. How was the experience?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Holy crap. Glad everyone is ok.

·
Registered
444 Posts
holy cow. Are you OK? What speed do they estimate the driver hit you at? were they texting? (I would get the records).

The car looks like it crumpled very well, the headrests in that Q50 *should have* deployed up and forward to reduce the whiplash effect. Is there anyway to confirm this worked that you saw? Does this affect your decision on the car? do you want something different or does it reinforce any opinions on the safety of the vehicle?

I am asking because I would have had two kids in the back seat. If the driver was texting...well they probably just bought you a new car if you live in one of those litigious states....:)

I am glad to hear you are ok. Whiplash is nothing to mess around with, I had shoulder problems for 3 years after a seemingly minor 20mph rear end incident in my Ford Tempo. Have yourself checked out. Consider some deep tissue massage after you feel less sore.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.