Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a chance to test drove the Q50S Hybrid today J
During the test drive, I kept on hearing myself saying wow, wow and wow!
I got about 750MB of pictures and video. If someone can tell me what is the best way to upload them; I am gladly willing to share with my fellow Q50er.
After the test drive, I am absolutely sure I will buy this car. So, I guess bye-bye Lexus, BMW and Audi for me. The funny thing is I haven’t test drive the IS350/GS350, 335i/535i and A6 yet. Now, I don’t think I wants to because the Q50S hybrid is everything I wants and the driving dynamic truly blown me away.
I spend about 30 minutes with the car along with the sale agent. First he drove, then he let me drove…nice! This is actually my first time driving an Infiniti and I am really impressed.
Here is my take on the car. Remember it’s just a short test drive. So, take my mini review with a grain of salt.
When you first turn on the car, it is quite and you barely hear the engine noise. Once you start to drive, the gas engine kick in and you can felt a slight jolt on the car. But, once the car start rolling, it felt very smooth and quite. The car felt very connected to the road. I barely notice any switching between the hybrid electric and the gas engine. Everything just felt so smooth. Infiniti definitely does an excellent job on the Direct Respond Hybrid system on the Q50.
Steering wheel and handling. The steering wheel leather felt good to touch and handle quite well. The handling felt tight, decisive, responsive and not tiring. It does felt there are some weights to it. The adaptive steering mode is probably set at the default. I’m sure it is even better once you customize to your preference. I am really looking forward to that.
Gas pedal. I really like the feeling of the gas pedal. You can gently press it and the car just goes. If you press the gas pedal a little harder, it gives you a nice force feedback which felt strange but fun. It reminds me of playing a car racing videogame with a gas pedal that had force feedback. T
Acceleration is amazing. In normal driving mode, the car accelerate very smooth and responsive and with a nice force feedback on the gas pedal Once you put in the Sport mode, that is where the fun begin. The car felt like a sleeping giant just woke up with anger. I probably press the gas pedal half way (I’m not even flooring it) and the car took off INSTANTLY like a rocket which literally push me back on my seat. I never felt something like that before. Even my friend G37S manual shift doesn’t produce such force.
Power. Car does felt like it got lots of power. 360HP base on the windows sticker. The more you push the gas pedal, the more the car response back like saying “Is that all you got! Push me harder! Weakling!”
Road noise. I only test drive it in the local street and the car felt very quite and comfort. More quite and comfort than my ES350.
The touchscreen is responsive when I use it. There still some delay, but overall it is quite good. I hope the new update will make it even better.
Bose sound system. I was ready to jam it and got my usb flash drive ready with MP3 music. Plugged in my usb flash drive to usb port and the system didn’t detect my usb flash drive L That’s really too bad because I can do a good comparison of how good this new Bose sound system is. I determine to listen to it anyway and switch it to a local FM station. Set the sound setting to driver seat only to get the best imaging and staging. Sound does have good center staging with sound coming from the center of the dash which appears to extend beyond the windshield. Not bad tuning from Bose or Infiniti part. The high sound clean with details and the bass fill the cabin nicely. Overall, I like how it sounds. Next time I will bring a CD and do a better comparison.
I think I pretty much make up my mind after test drove this car. I want to buy it now!
The sale guy told me he can’t sell it until August 2nd. He told me next week, Infiniti tech will update the software on the cars.

Here is the link to pics and videos.
http://sdrv.ms/1a8BsMI

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Thanks for the review! Looking forward to your uploads!

For video make an account on youtube and upload them there and for pics go for photobucket

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Hurry Hurry!!! Post them!! Post them!!!:D

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
nice write up but better car from the sounds of the silent words of "Infinitiplusone".

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, they wants me to reserve it with $1000 refundable desposit. But, I already pre-order my Q50S hybrid somewhere else for $500 refundable desposit.

Thanks for sharing. Did the salesman give you the option to reserve your car?
For posting your files try Skydrive, you get 7GB free.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Reactions: afrosheen

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Where was this dealer? If the software update is being done next week, why can't you buy it until August 2nd??? Did he explain that? All the other dealers I've talked to said they are just waiting for the software update and will sell it immediately after that happens.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He can't say why they can't sell until August 2nd. I think I record his speech on this in one of the video.

Where was this dealer? If the software update is being done next week, why can't you buy it until August 2nd??? Did he explain that? All the other dealers I've talked to said they are just waiting for the software update and will sell it immediately after that happens.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.