Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so finally was allowed to test drive today. No intouch, the sticker saying it needed a software upgrade was placed right over the lower screen!
It was a short drive but here are my impressions.
-Seats were more comfortable and more expensive looking than the G.
-Dash, door materials much higher quality.
-Drive was exactly what I was hoping for, a happy medium between my M and my wife's G. As Quiet and smooth as my M but as responsive and nimble as the G.
-When switched to sport mode it stiffened up the steering much more noticeably than when I do that in the M.
-The nav screen is still too small in my opinion compared to the widescreens in the new Lexus' and BMW's but it was sharper and more colorful than the current screens.
-Didn't get to listen to the sound system.
-Car I drove (The car I'm getting after all) had the 19" sport rims and I couldn't notice any difference in ride. (thought they would be stiffer)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Great, one, 50% happy customer.
I want to drive fully updated/upgraded take home car. IMO

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hmmmm...good thing they let you test drive! My dealer still hasnt budged! :(

Sucks though since you couldnt play with some of the features! Would have wanted to hear more of the direct adaptive steering!

Thanks for sharing your impressions! :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I got to drive the sport, the brakes are the same set as whats on the G37s coupes M37/56S, most sport model infinitis, feels the same as any G coupe i've driven before, which obviously is good.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmm...good thing they let you test drive! My dealer still hasnt budged! :(

Sucks though since you couldnt play with some of the features! Would have wanted to hear more of the direct adaptive steering!

Thanks for sharing your impressions! :)
They told me that they received word from Infiniti yesterday that they were allowed to start doing test drives so I would think everyone could now.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Did that scratch an itch or did the taste make the wait more unbearable for you?

Thanks for the info!!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did that scratch an itch or did the taste make the wait more unbearable for you?

Thanks for the info!!
I'm going to Vegas tomorrow, would LOVE to have been able to drive my new Ruby Red Q50!! Oh well. They said that Infiniti has said there's a possibility that the already purchased cars might be able to be released a few days before the 5th. I'd be happy with the 3rd or 4th because my new dealer is 90 minutes away with traffic and I don't want to have to go after work on the 5th.

·
Registered
118 Posts
-Drive was exactly what I was hoping for, a happy medium between my M and my wife's G. As Quiet and smooth as my M but as responsive and nimble as the G.
This is exactly what I am hoping for also. :)

I'm surprised that they are allowing test drives before the software has been updated. It seems like they are having as much trouble sticking to a course of action as Infiniti Chick is sticking to a color selection. ;)

I don't remember what your car selection is - a hybrid or a gasser. Were you able to draw any conclusions about the trunk size?

Congrats on being able to do the test drive! I believe I'm going to wait until they let us try out the InTouch system before heading over to the dealer for a drive. It's right next door to a Lexus dealer, so I plan to test drive the IS350 back to back with it. On paper and viewing results like yours lead me favor the Q50, but there's no substitute for getting a first-hand experience.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is exactly what I am hoping for also. :)

I'm surprised that they are allowing test drives before the software has been updated. It seems like they are having as much trouble sticking to a course of action as Infiniti Chick is sticking to a color selection. ;)

I don't remember what your car selection is - a hybrid or a gasser. Were you able to draw any conclusions about the trunk size?

Congrats on being able to do the test drive! I believe I'm going to wait until they let us try out the InTouch system before heading over to the dealer for a drive. It's right next door to a Lexus dealer, so I plan to test drive the IS350 back to back with it. On paper and viewing results like yours lead me favor the Q50, but there's no substitute for getting a first-hand experience.
I didn't think to pop the trunk! Sorry. Mine is a gas, premium, deluxe touring with 19" rims, Red with Stone interior. I had a lexus GS when they first came out. I didn't keep it because the seats caused me a lot of back pain, but if I had I would have been incredibly frustrated with the infotainment system. Using that "mouse" is a pain, and doing simple things like adjusting radio input took several menus to go through and it was very easy to overshoot things like the down and back arrows with the cursor.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The steering on non sport mode was lighter than the G but felt good. The ride was smoother than the G and the cabin was definitely quieter. The one time I got to accelerate it took off just as quick as the G.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
The steering on non sport mode was lighter than the G but felt good. The ride was smoother than the G and the cabin was definitely quieter. The one time I got to accelerate it took off just as quick as the G.
Do you know if the steering was set to a lighter setting thats it felt like that?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think so because no one could use intouch which is where those settings are.

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.