Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just test drove the Q50. Very nice.

One oddity, however: I paired my iPhone 5 to see how functions worked, and it indicated that the text message function was not compatible. Given that it works with our new BMW, and that most people have an iPhone, it seems very strange that it would not work.

Any other experience with this? I didn't spend a lot of time trouble shooting it--was more interested in driving--so I'm wondering if there is a setting on the phone or car that needs to be adjusted. I do recall having to change something with the setup on the BMW to get it to work, and as a result text messages from my iPhone 5 and my wife's iPhone 4S both push to the car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Iphone funcionality is always a few weeks behind droids because.. well. It is an Apple lol.. as far as I know the function works with droids but not iphone's as of now.. probably in a few weeks it will work..

if anyone has a better or more accurate reason or understanding.. please add to this

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hmmm. There will be a lot of upset people if this doesn't work. According to the InTouch manual, MAP (Message Access Profile) is required for this to work over Bluetooth. iPhone 4 and up support MAP.

OK... more reason for concern. The manual refers to a website (below) that shows bluetooth compatibility. The Q is not listed, but I checked the 2014 QX w/nav. For the iPhone 5, the document shows:

Receive an SMS text message: NA
Send an SMS text message: NA

It also shows Wireless Audio Streaming is not supported:
Wireless Audio Streaming: NA

Again, not the Q document. Perhaps we are OK, since NA is described as "[NA] = Feature is not available with this Bluetooth system", yet we know that is not the case in the Q...

I will be really disappointed if this ends up being the case....

Infiniti Bluetooth | Infiniti USA

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
This is a major disappointment. Now I'm going to have to give up my iPhone for a droid to be able to use this?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Another interesting bit... InTouch Apps are only supported with the iPhone plugged in. Android is only supported via Bluetooth.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Just test drove the Q50. Very nice.

One oddity, however: I paired my iPhone 5 to see how functions worked, and it indicated that the text message function was not compatible. Given that it works with our new BMW, and that most people have an iPhone, it seems very strange that it would not work.

Any other experience with this? I didn't spend a lot of time trouble shooting it--was more interested in driving--so I'm wondering if there is a setting on the phone or car that needs to be adjusted. I do recall having to change something with the setup on the BMW to get it to work, and as a result text messages from my iPhone 5 and my wife's iPhone 4S both push to the car.

Thanks.
Most people do not have iPhones, Android is 50% of the us market and over 70% of the world market

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
This is a major disappointment. Now I'm going to have to give up my iPhone for a droid to be able to use this?
You'll be happier when you realize how much more you can do with an android phone and how limiting Apple is on smart phone customizations

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Another interesting bit... InTouch Apps are only supported with the iPhone plugged in. Android is only supported via Bluetooth.
All cars that have apps like Lexus and bmw require iPhones to be plugged in, Android can stay in your pocket, purse, briefcase

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
The iphone & android app for the Q50 is not available from the app store yet. But it is available from here. Use your smartphone browser.

Infiniti App Store

Unfortunately, I don't have the username/password.
Your dealer will make you fill out a form with the pertinent details (user name and password) once you purchase/lease. I already filled mine this afternoon, purchasing Saturday.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Your dealer will make you fill out a form with the pertinent details (user name and password) once you purchase/lease. I already filled mine this afternoon, purchasing Saturday.
And you have downloaded and installed the intouch app on an iPhone? Does the link redirect you to the App Store?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
302 Posts
Unless your ios device is jailbroken, you can't install apps from anywhere other than the Apple App Store, so it's a bit strange to see listed here - at least for ios.

Your statement is simply not true. Companies are able to set up their own internal app stores. My company does. They maintain a list of enterprise licensed apps and apps built internally. The link provided here is not intended for consumers thus requiring authentication internal to Infiniti.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Your statement is simply not true. Companies are able to set up their own internal app stores. My company does. They maintain a list of enterprise licensed apps and apps built internally. The link provided here is not intended for consumers thus requiring authentication internal to Infiniti.
Yes - thanks for pointing that out. I am an ios developer and aware, but was referring to consumer apps since intouch is one.

Apps can also be installed using the iPhone configuration utility, apple configurator and MDM platforms, but again, not for consumer apps.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.