Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Text messages using Nexus 4

Hi everybody,

I can't get the messages to display on the screen using my Nexus 4. Does anybody know if this phone is compatible? It is not listed in the official list, but that list is not that accurate. Any Nexus 4 owners out there?

Thanks

·
Registered
697 Posts
I can't think of a reason it wouldn't. My note 3 is working flawlessly with the system so far. Nexus is less restricted than Samsung handsets so I would think it would.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I think I'm missing the eye of newt necessary for the incantation necessary to have my iPhone's iCloud text messages to display.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Make sure bluetooth is on prior to starting your vehicle. I've done both started the car then hit the bluetooth button and it says the messages aren't setup message. However when i setup the bluetooth on my phone prior
to entering my Q the message's display perfectly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure bluetooth is on prior to starting your vehicle. I've done both started the car then hit the bluetooth button and it says the messages aren't setup message. However when i setup the bluetooth on my phone prior
to entering my Q the message's display perfectly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Bluetooth is always on in my phone, but still no luck. I'm just wondering if this phone is not compatible.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Bluetooth is always on in my phone, but still no luck. I'm just wondering if this phone is not compatible.
The phone is more capable than any other phone, except the Nexus 5. I used text messaging all the time on my Nexus 4 in the Q50, and now use it with my Nexus 5.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Perfect! This is what I needed to know. Now I have to figure out hot to fix it.

Thanks.
Maybe Android 4.4 will fix it? It should be available for the N4 soon. Try removing the phone and readding it to the car

·
Registered
853 Posts
Nexus 5 worked fine in my car. But the phone doesn't compare to the HTC One so I am back on the One now that it's working again (left it in the rain).

The only issue I have with inTouch is that the canned text responses, I can't go to the 2nd page.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.