Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed what I consider a flaw/bug today.

While I know you cannot use voice recognition to reply to a text, I did notice that you are restricted from scrolling down through your text reply templates while driving. You are pretty much limited to the first set on screen.

Has anyone else noticed this? If you are allowed to scroll through everything else, such as audio lists, music categories, albums, artist, etc, why not text reply templates?

I don't get the point of having extra text reply templates if I can't scroll through them while driving.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Noticed that the other day as well. Don't get it either

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just noticed what I consider a flaw/bug today.

While I know you cannot use voice recognition to reply to a text, I did notice that you are restricted from scrolling down through your text reply templates while driving. You are pretty much limited to the first set on screen.

Has anyone else noticed this? If you are allowed to scroll through everything else, such as audio lists, music categories, albums, artist, etc, why not text reply templates?

I don't get the point of having extra text reply templates if I can't scroll through them while driving.
I'll have to look again, but I thought I was able to scroll through the list the other day when I was trying this feature out

·
Registered
119 Posts
Haha that was the first thing I noticed. I dont know who comes up with all of these limitations but they are stupid as it as it could be.
For instance, you can play around with any setting or option at the bottom screen while driving but can't enter destination. WTF?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha that was the first thing I noticed. I dont know who comes up with all of these limitations but they are stupid as it as it could be.
For instance, you can play around with any setting or option at the bottom screen while driving but can't enter destination. WTF?
Yeah, I don't know exactly how they decide what is or is not safe for the driver to do. How about we solve the problem by just having a button that says "I agree I am liable" when you first start the car? And let the user decide. I know I had the same limitation with entering destinations on my 2007 3.5 Altima.

I am hoping the future software update fixes this and other bugs as well as adds the in touch app features.

On a related note, does anyone know if Inifiniti will be charging early adapters for the in touch app update? I hope not since it was a selling point during the presentation of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.