Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I didn't get it on video but when you receive a text, you get a pop up screen saying who it is from..you then close between read now and read later...you also can't speak a response..you can only respond with preset messages which you can customize.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I can speak responses to texts on my smartphone and it's incredibly accurate. You'd think they would have been able to do this through the car as well especially since it already has the technology to let you speak address input into the Nav.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Sweet. This going to be a fun car especially when you stuck in traffic. I love the text to speech read aloud. Now, if there is a way to replace her voice with a sweeter female voice :)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Nice! Thanks for sharing Aggie! Saw this first time I got to play with the intouch system but havent played with that feature yet not have synced my phone! Might try it tom though since my car is @ the dealer already so Ill be dropping by! :D

Btw, since I mostly play Linkin Park, Incubus, and Finch songs, how does the Bose system sound with songs from that genre especially out loud?

Sweet. This going to be a fun car especially when you stuck in traffic. I love the text to speech read aloud. Now, if there is a way to replace her voice with a sweeter female voice :)
Have Infiniti Chicks voice saying "Howdy Ya'll"! Hahaha jk! :p

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I can speak responses to texts on my smartphone and it's incredibly accurate. You'd think they would have been able to do this through the car as well especially since it already has the technology to let you speak address input into the Nav.
Many cars have this feature and have had it for quite some time.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How were you scrolling through the text responses? Steering wheel? or the wheel controller down by the shifter?
I was using the steering wheel button...I didn't think about trying the navigational knob.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! Thanks for sharing Aggie! Saw this first time I got to play with the intouch system but havent played with that feature yet not have synced my phone! Might try it tom though since my car is @ the dealer already so Ill be dropping by! :D

Btw, since I mostly play Linkin Park, Incubus, and Finch songs, how does the Bose system sound with songs from that genre especially out loud?

Have Infiniti Chicks voice saying "Howdy Ya'll"! Hahaha jk! :p
The songs sounds fantastic. This was just fm radio too...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Nice! Aggie on a roll! A happy bday to u indeed! Hahaha! :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Infiniti is big on safety. The intention behind not including speech-text response is probably that they don't want you having an active text conversation while driving. That would motivate you to continually read and drive, which is not AS distracting as reading on your phone, but still is bad. Unless you have auto braking hehe, yet another advantage of the tech pack.

You know it's funny, during my time at Infiniti, I was frequently surprised at how many people spent so much extra money on a package just for one feature - like cooled seats (Infiniti FX deluxe pack: $3-4K more). Yet for way less money and a little Googleling, they probably could have found some state-of-the art accessory that did the same thing.
I think the tech pack is awesome, but I also think you could hire a part-time driver for that kind of money.

I don't know what sounds cooler: "I have a car that practically drives itself," or "I have my own chauffeur." :p

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
If you can get a chauffeur then he/she would be discussing the car than the owner and he would want the top of the line car to drive you around because chauffeurs have standards to live to:>)!

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Aggie, were you doing this with an Android phone? I've been having some trouble getting it to work with an iPhone 4s on cars in the showroom. I'm hoping the pending software update fixes the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aggie, were you doing this with an Android phone? I've been having some trouble getting it to work with an iPhone 4s on cars in the showroom. I'm hoping the pending software update fixes the problem.
Yes android... I am fairly certain this is not supported on iPhone...I remember seeing that somewhere but might be fixed in a future iOS update.

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
If anyone remembers my review, I talked about how Intouch probes your phone to see what it can do with it. I guess when it probes the iPhone it knows it can't text with it via Bluetooth. However this feature may be exposed with the phone tethered. Try it both ways.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So i am confused.... Can or can't you speak text responses?
It will read your incoming texts to you, and on Android, you can reply with up to 15 pre-set customizable messages. You can not speak out loud and convert it to text.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.