Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

The car is idling / uphills no gas

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Niv Mosayel 
#1 ·
lol you dont need to read the story if you are not bored

Here is my story: before 1 year i drove like 3 hours non stop pushing gas pedal then finally for the first time at 160kmh to 180kmh my car just reflected to move gear up , like i push gas before the car bring up gear he like “stop his breath” and not going up gear just los power and stay on the same kmh so i wonder to myself maybe its because i make the car go hard too much so he warm and making problems with gear . After some time it happend again when i pushed alot on the pedal , so i said yeah maybe its because of the warming up gear and again and again untill one time it happend to me after 10 min on driving in city hill. So i stopped letting this problem go and started working on this , first i thought that is about gear filter and gear oil but after many people told me that infiniti rarely have gear problems on low km car. So after i checked price and everything for the oil and oil filter i went again for a vacation like 2 hours driving and at the return my car did the problem and make a check engine light so i went to gas station to let the car get cold for 2 min and gave her more gas , and i shoot the gas pedal again after 3 min of let the car rest but no problems, so i went again to garage and he told me that its saying insifuciet gas pressure . So i forget everything about the gear and went to the dealership , because i saw on internet recall about infiniti q50 2017 2.0t gas pump software but they told me that i have recall about fuel hose so i they did replaced my fuel hose but i still had problem so i went to the dealership again and they told me that its my in tank gas pump so i ordered from ebay gas pump from q50 70k km but the new gas pump is working outside of the car but not inside ( it made me so mad) so after 5 days of trying to understand why its not working i put new hose inside fuel tank and still had problem so i checked the pressure of the both fuel pump and realy had very low pressure from the old one but the new one with stronger pressure and cant start the car so i opened both of the fuel pumps and guess what i have found out ? The new fuel pump is missing the pump little gasket on top ...... so finally after 5 days i replace the gaskets of the old fuel pump with new fuel pump and took the new fuel pump to the old fuel pump assembly and connected it and guess what the pressure became even stronger than before and also started the car . And the car is fire better than ever before , im so happy after 1 year messing with that **** i finally thinks that infinitis are not broken 😄

so finally i can tell you guys if u are having car hesitation on hills or just on speed road like 110kmh - 130kmh you feel like the car have no power, you push gas and the car stop you before moving gear and you have to stop aside and restart the car. Everything of these happend to me , the problem is that your have insufficient fuel pressure and you have to replace it

I made the story on top because im so happy after 1 year that i had getting mad so many times about this problem and 5 days working on the car i finally can drive the car like new i have q50 2017 2.0t btw

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.