Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*darn you typo... I meant to say "doesn't"

I'm actually very disappointed with this feature delete cuz I would have like a 1000 songs on a 4.5gb DVD and have high bit rate music compared to iPods where the quality is compressed. Also watch a movie when parked and waiting.

I guess you get some and you lose some.

Have you guys noticed any feature deletes yet?

·
Registered
59 Posts
*darn you typo... I meant to say "doesn't"

I'm actually very disappointed with this feature delete cuz I would have like a 1000 songs on a 4.5gb DVD and have high bit rate music compared to iPods where the quality is compressed. Also watch a movie when parked and waiting.

I guess you get some and you lose some.

Have you guys noticed any feature deletes yet?
Was quite disappointed when I found this out as well. I went back to the dealership and even all the reps and tech guy believed that you could. Upon checking things out they responded and told me that it wasn't possible. One tech said there is no video card, but I have a feeling the car has no DVD reading lens.

I could be wrong, but why would you not be able to read an mp3 DVD if that weren't the case? It could be that infiniti just went cheap and only put in a CD reader, since the updates occur through the SD card reader now, instead of DVD like on the G series (from my understanding).

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm upset that there's no cassette player. My poor Nakamichi will sit lonely.

Discs are on their way out, being replaced by USB flash. Next gen may not even have cd at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There was another thread saying that it was possible if you were in park *with the emergency brake on*. I haven't tested this myself, but it would be nice if someone could confirm that. I'm referring to Video DVD playback. Not sure about MP3 DVDs.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
There was another thread saying that it was possible if you were in park *with the emergency brake on*. I haven't tested this myself, but it would be nice if someone could confirm that. I'm referring to Video DVD playback. Not sure about MP3 DVDs.
No, does not work in Q50

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
The Q only has a cd-rom, not a dvd-rom, no lens for reading DVDs. Disappointed in this, another cost cutting move I presume.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Has anyone here actually played DVDs in their G on a regular basis?

I never touched the thing.

The only thing that I'm sorta disappointed in is the lack of a CD-rip feature to save songs onto the hard drive.
I had an mp3 DVD in my 2011 G37x, played it a few times and then forgot about it until the time it was to return the car. Hit the eject button just for the **** of it and the old dvd popped out.

USB sticks are dirt cheap and much more convenient.

Missing CD-rip function is also a non-issue since everything can be ripped to usb.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I felt like the CD Rip feature to the music box was a cool idea. Just needed to be developed a little more. I actually use the DVD feature in our M. Its great when you're waiting for someone and you want to watch a show while parked up.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Well, I tended to go back and forth, only because I could arrange playlists using the Music Box files on the hard drive and there are times where I didn't always have the USB stick in the car.
Ditto. I do the same in the M, especially since I move my USB stick between the M and Q.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Q only has a cd-rom, not a dvd-rom, no lens for reading DVDs. Disappointed in this, another cost cutting move I presume.
That was what I suspected. The CD/DVD combo reading lens would have hardly cost much more than a standard CD lens. It would have been a nice addition to the car, considering the predecessor G series already had it.

I have hooked my Samsung Galaxy S3 into my cars video ports and it works fine as an alternative, but that means I have to rip DVD's with my computer and copy them to my S3 now, which is a lot of work, not to mention the use of space on my phone. This isn't very convenient.

Since we know there is no DVD lens, a potential somewhat viable alternative, would be to enable video playback off the USB ports. I would think they should be able to do this with an update of some sort.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah. Video playback would be a great feature for when you're sitting in your car for 30 minutes waiting on an airport pickup :)

Too bad it's not in Q50

I guess it would cost a little extra to license the DVD playback codecs, but not significantly so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.