Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any word from Sinecure? I'm returning my car soon and they never even sent a notice that they shut down. I don't think it's because of COVID-19 either. I guess I'll go to Dublin now since it's closer. Only Dublin and San Rafael are the last two dealerships left.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
8,058 Posts
He's a moderator. He should be here on a routine basis but I haven't seen him in a long time.

Reactions: BlueZ

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah bro it was just a matter of time before they closed a few of them off. There sales have been bad and I know there used to be niello Infiniti in the bay as well in concord and that closed a while ago too.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
8,058 Posts
Oregon only has one Infiniti dealership in Beaverton. If that one closes, the next closest is Tacoma, WA which is about 200 miles away from me.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,287 Posts
So did the closed ones rebrand to a different make or is the property empty?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Crazy... I bought my car from Sinecure... Maybe I’ll text him tomorrow to see what’s up and to ask him why the heII he doesn’t moderate the forums any more by regulating on all of those recent spam threads lol.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the way things are going Infiniti might as well just shut down and focus on Nissan.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah, the way things are going Infiniti might as well just shut down and focus on Nissan.
I am not nearly as pessimistic as that. The Q50 alone outsells all of Jaguar and Jag has never left US market ever..
The QX80 also sells well enough and is a good margin vehicle.

An OEM can easily stay in the US market with just 2 good selling models.
And there is a lot of economy of volume with Nissan gained in the other models which share engines and the like with Nissan.

Mazda for example is doing it on just one well selling model the CX5.

The GTR though should have been an Infiniti from the get-go, its the halo car the marque needs..
and I think there is enough of a hard core fan base that knows what Infiniti is offering for the money nobody else can touch.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Some people have already forgotten about the crash in 2008. Dealerships closed up by the hundreds across the nation. The result was a increased profit for well run and viable dealerships.

The Sarasota area has one Infiniti dealership that does extremely well and they’re always busy with sales and service. The Chicago area lost a Infiniti dealership (franchise) that was quickly scooped up by a larger more profitable chain. Nissan is a strong company that will not allow Infiniti to fail.

However, the depression coming to the world this year will bring a new round of closings. However the dealerships that survive will become extremely profitable after the depression ceases. Only issue is if all the current cars manufacturers will survive the next 4-10 years when the world comes out of the coming financial disaster.

In the end we will see a new way of buying and selling cars with far less dealerships. Some of the closed dealerships may become large service centers for multiple brands.

Reactions: BlueZ
1 - 9 of 9 Posts