Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I now have almost 2000 miles on my Q50S Hybrid AWD and I'm really thinking that my previous car (2008 Acura TL-S type) handled better, and I'm convinced that the main source of this lack of grip is these run flats. Looking around for replacements and reading advise here it sounds like the Nitto Motivo's may be a very good overall choice when considering performance, treadlife, ride quality and price. I have the 19" black chromed upgraded wheels and wanted to know if these tires would be a simple swap if I buy the exact same size (245/40/19). Has anyone here made this exact swap yet and if so what are your thoughts..? And what did you do for a spare, risk it...?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
And what did you do for a spare, risk it...?

I carry a Sears air compressor in the trunk, just in case. It takes up almost no room. They have several kinds, ranging from $30 to around $80.
Same here (although not a Sears unit). I went run-flat-less in my BMW for years. Will do again when these wear some. Yes, you will see an immediate improvement in ride and handling.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I now have almost 2000 miles on my Q50S Hybrid AWD and I'm really thinking that my previous car (2008 Acura TL-S type) handled better, and I'm convinced that the main source of this lack of grip is these run flats. Looking around for replacements and reading advise here it sounds like the Nitto Motivo's may be a very good overall choice when considering performance, treadlife, ride quality and price. I have the 19" black chromed upgraded wheels and wanted to know if these tires would be a simple swap if I buy the exact same size (245/40/19). Has anyone here made this exact swap yet and if so what are your thoughts..? And what did you do for a spare, risk it...?
I also had an 08 Acura type S and I really miss that car but my 11 G37S handles a lot better and your Q should also handle bettter... hopefully is just the tires.

·
Registered
585 Posts
That's what I meant.

A lot of links and information there in those links about tires swapping
But...But...But

I've got to make sure there is a 4th thread on tire swapping so we can repeat everything in the other 3 threads a 4th time.

Spoilsport! :D

Reactions: selzini

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But...But...But

I've got to make sure there is a 4th thread on tire swapping so we can repeat everything in the other 3 threads a 4th time.

Spoilsport! :D
My goodness you guys here sure are a testy bunch, everyone pissing about this or that and don't say anything negative about the Q or you're about to get flamed . Everytime I post a question I get the same response, really make a new member feel welcome.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
My goodness you guys here sure are a testy bunch, everyone pissing about this or that and don't say anything negative about the Q or you're about to get flamed . Everytime I post a question I get the same response, really make a new member feel welcome.
SnowItch is a man of serious conviction. :p You'll get used to him but I think he means well.

There's no way I can respond to this without sounding like a douchebag, but let me just say that if running searches for existing threads or reading through our sticky threads is going to be too much work for you, then I don't know what to tell you--it's an expectation. This is how message forums tend to work, especially popular ones like this one. Some of us have to do what we can to provide our new members with the best tools in navigating the forums and to find information quickly, especially in the case of topics that have been covered before previously. We try to keep things nice and clean but sometimes a few of us, including myself, can come off as "overzealous" and presumptuous from time to time. :)

I will say, don't be too quick to generalize the behavior of everyone here based on a handful of individuals either. That would not be fair.

As far as flaming goes, send me a quick message or PM me if there's anything like that going on...and I do mean flaming. Not just every time someone disagrees with someone.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
And what good will that do with a hole or cut in your tire?:confused:
Maybe I've been lucky, but that's only happened once in my life, when I hit a bad pot hole. I took care of that by moving out of Philly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.