Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just don't know that I like the front splash guards, not sure, I kind of like them :), yet I'm not sure I dislike them enough to take them off. The rear ones look great in my opinion.

I took these pics of my car over the weekend. Would you leave them on or take them off?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Is that Hagane? It is the only color that I am always confused to tell. You can't have two photo with the same color.

If there is a drill hole, taking it off would not be a good idea. I hope it is glue.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I never put mine on to begin with. I didn't like how they looked on the Graphite Shadow...but seeing it on the Hagane Blue, it actually looks really nice.

Reactions: toinfiniti

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that Hagane? It is the only color that I am always confused to tell. You can't have two photo with the same color.

If there is a drill hole, taking it off would not be a good idea. I hope it is glue.
Yes it's Hagane, I took the photos with an SLR to try to capture what it actually looks like since photos of it tend to not be accurate.

I think they have screws, but they would be in the inner fender, not the body, so I figured it would be no problem to remove them, I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Just have the rears on with Oreo! Be unique and take off the rear and leave the front! :p

On a serious note though, I would take off the front! I just put the rears on to balance out the stance! It looks imbalanced with fronts IMO!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just have the rears on with Oreo! Be unique and take off the rear and leave the front! :p

On a serious note though, I would take off the front! I just put the rears on to balance out the stance! It looks imbalanced with fronts IMO!
I'll have to take a look and see if I can pull them without adverse effects.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Mine's identical (including Maryland's Chesapeake plate). I have no issues with my splash guard. That is, we've come to an understanding.

Reactions: kc2dc

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Like Gbert15 said, he has it done and it looks great. I bought rears only for that reason.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I always hated how splash guard look and if i were you i'd remove them.
It may result in your car being harder to keep clean but you just need to see what it is you want.....

A better looking car?

or

a car thats easier to maintain that can still look good.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I always hated how splash guard look and if i were you i'd remove them.
It may result in your car being harder to keep clean but you just need to see what it is you want.....

A better looking car?

or

a car thats easier to maintain that can still look good.
Front mug guards means: Cleaner car, specially if you have welcome lights;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Front mug guards means: Cleaner car, specially if you have welcome lights;)
Yea, I have the welcome lights, although I still get dirt spots splashed up on the doors even with the splash guards.

I don't know. Seems like it doesn't matter much either way, will probably just leave them on at least for now till winter is over.

·
Registered
574 Posts
on if you plan to get front splitter and rear diffuser.. off if you don't intend of either..

·
Registered
573 Posts
Bringing this one to the top as I'm worried about the front splash guards and lowering. This seems to be the lowest part of the car, only about 4.5" off the ground at stock height. I am lowering my Q this weekend, would result in only being about 3" or so off the ground, not good in my opinion with speed bumps, driveways, etc.

Thoughts? Am I looking for trouble with them on while lowered?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Bringing this one to the top as I'm worried about the front splash guards and lowering. This seems to be the lowest part of the car, only about 4.5" off the ground at stock height. I am lowering my Q this weekend, would result in only being about 3" or so off the ground, not good in my opinion with speed bumps, driveways, etc.

Thoughts? Am I looking for trouble with them on while lowered?
You won't have to look for trouble. With a 3" clearance, trouble will find you.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah yeah, no doubt.

I started to remove one, unscrewed and pulled it back a bit just enough to see that it is an easy removal. I'll have to pull one tomorrow and ensure the lower rocker panel still stays flush to the fender protector. I won't know until removed unless someone has done theirs already. I definitely have to remove to lower safely.

I can't find a lowered Q50 with the front splash guards, and they look fine without, possibly cleaner look when lowered.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.