Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q50RS AWD
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well it finally happened, a person on a phone not paying attention at a red light plowed his Jeep into my Q50. Not sure what’s going to happen at this point. This has been an amazing car that I have loved since I got it last December. Just put a new cat back exhaust on it last weekend, this truly kills me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,578 Posts
I feel your pain. That is always the worst fear of having a new car.

I gotta believe that will be totaled.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
That's a total. Better start working on finding a replacement.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
If you haven't already, go to your doctor with the appropriate insurance information and get checked out. And don't let the adjuster from the other company low ball you on the value of what is essentially a brand new car. Especially in a market where it is hard to find new vehicles at a discount off MSRP.

·
Registered
2021 Q50RS AWD
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh [email protected]! You good? That looks like it hurt bad!
I am okay. Mid back and ribs are sore as crap. Luckily we have gap insurance on her! Not sure what I would even want next for a new car honestly. Nothing out there really enticing me, well maybe a Cadillac black wing! Lmao.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
I am okay. Mid back and ribs are sore as crap. Luckily we have gap insurance on her! Not sure what I would even want next for a new car honestly. Nothing out there really enticing me, well maybe a Cadillac black wing! Lmao.
Get checked out by a doctor.

And get a Caddy Blackwing...even the CT4 version.

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Wow, the driver must've hit you at full speed. Crazy! Glad you are okay, but I agree you should be checked by a doctor.

·
Premium Member
Infiniti Q50 '17 Redsport, Dynamic Sunstone. Trunk Strong Arm struts. Red
204 Posts
It's going to be a great car at the salvage auction. Dibs on the turbos. Headlights and wheels too.

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
2,276 Posts

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
2,276 Posts
Sorry to see what happened, nice color to replace, as long as you are ok, cars can always be replaced.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 RS RWD
13 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to see! Similar thing happened to me in my old G37S. They totaled mine. I got 15+K for a 2013 with 155K miles.
Hope they don't but your symptoms may worsen over time or linger.

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
Reactions: mapleDom

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
564 Posts
December to now you might be making a profit on it if totaled. With prices being up so high, don't be surprised if they decide to fix it. $50k + retail will pay for a lot of repair, especially to rear of the vehicle. That is the plus side if they do repair. Front end is much more worrisome about getting the repair "right".

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Off sorry bud hope you are feeling better soon, never fun having to deal with things like this.

·
Registered
2021 Q50RS AWD
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the car is at the body shop today and we did a walk around today and according to the service adjuster there the car is repairable. But the insurance adjuster has to make a decision before anything happens. Fingers crossed it can be fixed without any issues, and I will be filing for a diminished value from the insurance company.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Well the car is at the body shop today and we did a walk around today and according to the service adjuster there the car is repairable. But the insurance adjuster has to make a decision before anything happens. Fingers crossed it can be fixed without any issues, and I will be filing for a diminished value from the insurance company.
Who chose the body shop, you, your insurance company, or the other driver's insurance company? Make it known you are a fussy ******* and will be going over the car with a fine tooth comb when it is done, and do so. Don't accept it without checking out EVERY system that was impacted (pun intended). Thoroughly inspect the inside of the trunk, and the underbody in the rear. I would insist on inspecting it on a lift. Make it known you expect to not be able to tell it was repaired...no overspray on the underbody components that are not body color, none on the weatherstripping or moldings, pull up the trunk mat and inspect the metal trunk floor. I would even want to do a water leak inspection of the trunk. Make sure all the rear bumper sensors work properly, all the lighting works properly and illuminates evenly. I would even take along a code reader...you never know what can be affected by a severe impact. I might even be insistent on taking the car to an Infiniti dealer and having it inspected, even if I had to pay out of my own pocket for that. That car is very complex and you paid a lot of money for it (eventually). If the rear license plate is bent, insist on getting a replacement from your DMV. I would be making that adjuster wish he had totaled it by the time I am done with him.

And if you leased it...forget everything I said and just drive the **** out of it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts