Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone check their trunk and let me know if this is how their's is... I had some work done on mine and can't remember how it looked before. Seams it would have caught me eye. I'm referring to the exposed metal that lines the inside opening of the trunk. Just seems Infiniti would have covered it somehow

Trunk Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Vehicle door

Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive design Auto part

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
309 Posts
Checked all our loaners and three client vehicles. Here are two examples from hybrids, like yours.

However what you asked is...is this normal and since you have had structural repairs my answer is yes that is normal. That is a seam sealer that is applied over welds before the panels is painted.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked all our loaners and three client vehicles. Here are two examples from hybrids, like yours.

However what you asked is...is this normal and since you have had structural repairs my answer is yes that is normal. That is a seam sealer that is applied over welds before the panels is painted.

Ah, ok... I understand. Guessing there wasn't another way, just looks poor in my opinion and I couldn't have imagined it coming from the factory like that. I had the rear quarter panel replaced. appreciate the follow-up and info. thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
This is a good example of one way to tell if a used car has been in an accident. That seem sealer is not normal in most new, undamaged cars (some exceptions in places where you can't see the welds). But that's a pretty easy indication that a car has had an accident.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.