Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to Thompson Speedway in CT today. Open track day. The NH Porsche club will be there. I'll get to track my 4000 car with the light weight guys. I'm sure I'll be the slowest car there. But tons of fun.
You can get insurance for the day if you want as most policies don't cover "racing".

Reactions: ANMVQ

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The track was a blast. Unfortunately I was not allowed to race. I needed to pre register earlier and needed a race inspection by a certified race inspection shop. The closest to me is 1.5 hrs away and they are only good for 2 weeks. Hummmm. I have an appointment for next week.

HOWEVER I did get wrist bands which let me into the pits so I coult talk to staff, shop guys, drivers, & instructors. I took a few pictures, nothing of mention, but spent a good amoint of time talking with a Z car owner/driver about his car and mine.

Going down today to do "Parade" laps which I can do. I'll get to spend more time with the guys too.

I did however get 8 gallons to top off my tank of 89 octane nonleaded gas. Mix made it about 95-96 octane. My MPG for the 130 miles after topping off was an indicated 27.7 MPG. I even hit 28.2 which is the best ever.

I was going 80+ on the highway in MA. (Gad they drive fast!) And passed a bunch of trucks on a secondary roads hitting 110. So the tank has some hard driving on it. The bump in octane is fairly noticable.

When examining my logs I do see a little timing pulled a bit with streight 93. So think the bump gives me that back. The map is for 93 - 93+.

Oh, the higher octane race fuel is leaded. They had 110, 100 ( both leaded), unleaded 93 with etoh, and the unleaded 89 w/o etoh.
93 was $3.19 the others were $11 a gallon. Since I have cats, unleaded 89 was the only option for over "pump gas" I could use. $88 was a bit much, but won't use it unless I track it, and I wanted to try it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts