Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did research for months and months and months. I explored all the pricing programs I qualified for. I did the math, I watched the videos, I looked over the pictures. When all the research was done I planned to buy a Q50 premium with no doubts in my mind. Then I actually saw and test drove the vehicles I had been researching. I test drove the BMW, the Mercedes, the Infiniti, and the Cadillac. When I first test drove these cars I tried the four cylinder models (not including the Q50). Based on the four cylinder engines it only re-affirmed I would get a Q50. Then I thought to give the ATS another chance since it would only be fair to compare a similar engine so I tried it with the V6. When I drove the ATS 3.6 vs the Infiniti Q50, I decided on the cadillac. It is all based on personal preference and I preferred the look and drive of the Cadillac. The Q50 is very sharp looking car with loads of technology, it just wasnt my preferred top choice. Im sure the Q50 is a great car as my family has owned two Q45's and one M37 and all were great, but for me, the ATS 3.6 with the black diamond coat was off the chain.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Did you try the hybrid sport? For a sedan under $50k it will knock your socks off.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I love how the ATS looks. My concern was that the ATS's amazing magnetic ride control is not available on the AWD models. Magnetic ride control makes all the difference.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I liked the ATS and was looking at those.
The ATS though the way I want it equiped was getting pretty exepnsive.

And I was a bit worried about the mileage with the 3.6L.
It's rated at 18 City, so I bet I would get around 17 or maybe less because I'm in rush hour in the city for part of my commute.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I liked the ATS and was looking at those.
The ATS though the way I want it equiped was getting pretty exepnsive.

And I was a bit worried about the mileage with the 3.6L.
It's rated at 18 City, so I bet I would get around 17 or maybe less because I'm in rush hour in the city for part of my commute.
Same reason for me!
I wish I could afford Tesla... it is more make sense for daily commute here and amazing power!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Based on rebates, discounts, the Q50 I could get would be a premium (then extra for aftermarket remote start, say another $400) vs the ATS I got 3.6 luxury with leather/black diamond fancy paint job. Being able to remote start with an app on my phone is pretty slick by the way. As for the back seat, I had a 2005 scion tc so this car is full size sedan to me. I think this was the perfect step up in size for me. I couldnt swing a hybrid sport so this was the most bang for my buck. I defintely like the Q50 and if I could have gotten a better package model...then who knows which way it may have gone. I didnt test drive it as the price was simply outside how much money I wanted to spend. Everyone enjoy your Q50s and if you see a black diamond triplecoat ATS 3.6 haulin a$$, that will be me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I almost got an ATS and had it been between a gasser Q50 and the ATS, I probably would have gone with the ATS. In the end though, the Q50 Hybrid S won out with the combination of power, looks and fuel economy. I do think the ATS is a great car though (regardless of engine choice).

·
Registered
250 Posts
Of all the cars I test drove before purchasing the Q50, I liked driving the ATS the best. As most others stated, the size was a deal breaker for me. I have 2 car seats and a stroller that I need to load 75% of the time, and the ATS space could not cut it.

However, my boss just picked up a 2014 CTS 2.0T, which I think could be a replacement when my lease is up in 21 months.

Congrats on the new ride. post pics!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Did you try the hybrid sport? For a sedan under $50k it will knock your socks off.
Mine knocks my socks off daily. I kicked a Porsche Boxer S's ass. Very frustrating for the owner, especially since his car weighs 1,000 pounds less.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I did research for months and months and months. I explored all the pricing programs I qualified for. I did the math, I watched the videos, I looked over the pictures. When all the research was done I planned to buy a Q50 premium with no doubts in my mind. Then I actually saw and test drove the vehicles I had been researching. I test drove the BMW, the Mercedes, the Infiniti, and the Cadillac. When I first test drove these cars I tried the four cylinder models (not including the Q50). Based on the four cylinder engines it only re-affirmed I would get a Q50. Then I thought to give the ATS another chance since it would only be fair to compare a similar engine so I tried it with the V6. When I drove the ATS 3.6 vs the Infiniti Q50, I decided on the cadillac. It is all based on personal preference and I preferred the look and drive of the Cadillac. The Q50 is very sharp looking car with loads of technology, it just wasnt my preferred top choice. Im sure the Q50 is a great car as my family has owned two Q45's and one M37 and all were great, but for me, the ATS 3.6 with the black diamond coat was off the chain.
One thing is for sure, we have more choices than ever. Plenty of good cars from plenty of good companies. Congrats on your ATS. I will say they are sexy.

·
Registered
853 Posts
One thing is for sure, we have more choices than ever. Plenty of good cars from plenty of good companies. Congrats on your ATS. I will say they are sexy.

Calling GM a "good company" is a stretch. I wouldn't even consider their cars, so the ATS was never even in the running. I am also not a fan of the Cadillac styling.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Calling GM a "good company" is a stretch. I wouldn't even consider their cars, so the ATS was never even in the running. I am also not a fan of the Cadillac styling.
I love the exterior of the ATS but I wasn't much of a fan of the interior. Too much of a mix between looking old and new and it looked a little too gaudy with some of the materials---nothing I'd call a dealbreaker necessarily.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
there are four luxury cars in same price range & class as Q50, Audi A5, Lexus IS, BMW 3 series and Cadillac ATS.

Just spend a week per car doing your home work (test drive, pricing, etc) and you will come up with best car for you.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Agreed. Government Motors was never in the running for me. Had one GM in my life, and it was one too many.

Reactions: Fateswarning
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.