Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Three months and still infatuated.

7K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  Mr. PLP 
#1 · (Edited)
My friends,

It has been two (not three) short months, and a grand total of 1,000 miles on my Q50S-AWD. I am still thoroughly head-over-heels for this vehicle. My fondess stems from a combination of the Q's performance and amenities, coupled with a constant exposure to automobiles of far lesser quality and ability.

Three days a week, I am cursed to a 2 hour ride in a Toyota minivan in the morning, and again in the afternoon. The seats were likely designed by the Marquis de Sade, and the exterior was obviously crafted by a suppository enthusiast. After one full year of these pathetic excuses for transportation, I am of a firm belief that the engineers behind this craptastic hunk of 2004 junk should all be herded into a time machine, and sent back to the Jurassic period to meet their fates at the hands of very hungry velociraptors. The very best part of those three days a week is when I sink in to the extremely ergonomically comfortable sport seat, push the "Start" button, and let the world conform to me.

It's an amazing difference in two Japanese made cars. Perhaps it is an unfair and disparate comparison, but it does underline the extreme difference between what society considers transportation. You see, there are those who believe an automobile is simply a conveyance between two points, and there are those who believe that the automobile is a sanctuary capable of esoteric fulfillment. Supporters of the former likely drive a Prius, Volt, or... a 2004 Toyota minivan. The latter are astute and attuned individuals who seek to climb Maslow's pyramid, and deserve better seats in restaurants, another round at the pub, and the last buffalo wing in the basket.

Were it not for the substantial monetary compensation for my time in the ever-so-offensive minivan, I surely would have climbed a skyscraper with a maiden and died while swatting at bi-planes several months ago. And so, I read the "reviews" of the so-called experts who nitpick the subtleties between the Lexus, BMW, Q, and others... all the while silently thanking all of those hard working folks at all of those companies who have worked so hard to advance automotive achievement. And while I do appreciate all of those who have made such effort, I extend a special thanks to those gentlemen at Infiniti for producing this car... at this price... with these amenities... and with such well rounded excellence.

Ninety days and no complaints. I forgive the small issues like the Sirius/XM lockout... a minute spent in my driveway in silent contemplation whilst waiting to unlock Opie and Anthony is a trivial... and soon to be eliminated... slight irritation. But every morning and every afternoon, with or without extraneous compliment, I grin like a schoolboy with a bag of chocolates and a Playboy in my backpack every single time I lift the door handle of my Q50.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wait...3 months? Hasnt it been 2 months only?

#3 ·
Wasn't August 7th the actually release date?

#5 ·
Glad to hear someone enjoy the Q50 as much as I am. I never even consider Infiniti until I saw the Q50 in person 4 months ago. There is just something about this car that just capture my heart. I had it for about 1.5 months and still loving it. I can't wait to get up in the morning to drive to work. Since my job require me to drive to different locations, I'm so happy to be able to drive it so often and enjoy every minutes of it. The downside is I already drove 2700miles :eek: So far, I have no issue with my Q50. Knock on wood :)

#11 ·
2700 miles... whew! I don't feel so bad with my 2500 miles since August 29. Especially given the fact that I'm still rotating between my 11 y/o Infiniti G20 (3-4 days a week) and my Q (the other days) as daily drivers. What can I say... I still like a manual transmission.

#7 ·
Its all good bro! None the less, I agree with your point! Love my Q50 like the first day I laid eyes on her! :D

#9 ·
Even with the issues that I have experienced with my Q50, I looooooooooove it and definitely smile every time I see her. She's a beauty and I fall in love with the Moonlight White color with tinted windows more and more.

#14 ·
Haha! Im in the same boat as u in every way bro! Im only @ 900 miles while receiving the car with 150 miles already! I just wanna hit the 1200 mile break in period but its so hard since I also have the same commuting miles to work as u!

Reactions: ChrisQ50
#15 ·
Had my car for a little over 3 wks now & just eclipsed the 1k mark today. Probably 65% of that is new car buyer leisure driving. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#18 ·
Such a good feeling when you really punch it for the first time! :D

#19 ·
Yes it is! I also like how other Infiniti drivers stop me and asking me all sorts of questions about the car. They all LOVE the interior finishings. They really go bonkers when I show them the Meter showing an average of 29.8 mpg. :cool:

#25 ·
I usually get stopped when I'm getting out of the car. The usual questions... "how do you like it?" "what's the gas mileage really like?" "is it fast?", etc...

The only question that irks me is "how much did it cost?" :confused:

#27 ·
Can anybody who previously had a G37 S and now a Q50 S chime in on the performance differences / improvements? I want to know handling specifics like body roll, steering precision, suspension stiffness, etc... Thanks.

#28 ·
I did. The G37S is a decent car, but is not a sporty car, and is in no way a "sport sedan". The Q Sport feels completely different. It is far more planted and feels much more agile. I drive in standard and sport mode equally, and with the steering dialed up you can be very precise, and do so with much better responsiveness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.