Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
27k Miles, Bought Second Hand, No Problems at All
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum, I have a 2019 Q50 Luxe w ProAssist, basically bone stock right now but I am looking into getting a throttle control of some sort. Has anyone installed one and if so how does it perform and stand the test of time? Also, would it flash the ECU and void a warranty? Thank you everyone.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,306 Posts
Not sure if ProAssist means you have the more complicated throttle pedal, but if not - and you have the 6-pin pedal, the Hikeit controller is simple to install and very effective. All of the controllers are "plug n play" and do not require ECU flash. The more motorized pedal is a tougher install, but still plug n play and very effective.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
JCB said it all. No flash, no warranty worries. To be on the safe side you could remove it before taking the car in for a warranty claim, and it’ll be like it was never there. I love my HikeIt

Reactions: Q50Wolf

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
806 Posts
2019 Proassist models have the predictive forward collision warning, thats the motorized pedal right? They do not have the Eco pedal though if thats the issue. If the PFCW is the motorized pedal, which options are available for the models with them? We have had a topic on these a lot lately and the more I read about them, the more interested I become

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,761 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,100 Posts
FEB requires the motorized pedal also as it pushes the pedal up when it sees a risk of forward collision.

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake custom axel-back 3inch resonated exhaust
772 Posts
Potato,,a year ago we had this discussion and I thought the difficulty with installing had caused you to sideline your project? ALSO I don't want to muddy the waters,,but their is another controller that fits and works with motorized pedals/Launchpad-Ive used it for a year,it recently just stopped working and my replacement under lifetime warranty is tracking to arrive day after tomorrow..With Launchpad you do lose your forward nannies array..I ve owned the Sprint 12 pin also and Launchpad provides a sharper stronger acceleration curve..also Bluetooth also eco sport, sport +,race, drag,
Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Tachometer Vehicle

Speedometer Car Vehicle Odometer Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Bicycle part

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake custom axel-back 3inch resonated exhaust
772 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel Steering part Personal luxury car

Font Material property Electric blue Rectangle Magenta

·
Registered
772 Posts
I don't pretend to know forced induction Q50s, YET,,but I have as much or more knowledge and experience with throttle controllers going back multiple vehicles and almost 4 years use..as anyone on the site/and different brands perform differently,,but with 12 pin-severely limited in choice..

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
806 Posts
Thanks! How tough is it to install? Will I need a part of it plugged into the OBD? If so, my JB4 is taking that up at the moment

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Doesn’t need the OBD port at all. Plugs right in to the pedal and alters it’s signal directly

·
Registered
772 Posts
Depends on your pedal,,could be easier without the motorized pedal that Feb equipped cars have,,take a pic of pedal/avedis can usually provide the appropriate schematic for install..No obd port required)

·
Registered
772 Posts
One member recently commented that his very late model car WAS MUCH EASIER TO INSTALL THROTTLE CONTROLLER,,16-19model year cars seem to have most difficult install set-up when equipped with fwd emergency braking motorized pedal assembly..

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,761 Posts

So, Brian, am I understanding that the $150 Launchpad will fit the 12 pin but I'll lose my FEB?

So how many companies offer a 12 pin? Launchpad and ($300) Sprintbooster?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yep-tomorrow I will chronicle my install as soon as it arrives with pics

·
Registered
772 Posts
Keep in mind,,your car being turbocharged I believe doesn't need quite as much throttle assistance,Lil bit of voltage and your in boost-n/a car possibly has more benefits from sharper throttle input curve.only thing I can say is I had a few controllers from different companies at the same time so I could hook 1 up,try it,then hook another up and feel difference/the Sprint gave me response similar to Launchpad sport + mode-at its highest setting,I like the Launchpad unit better not because it cheaper,but because above sport+ is race,then drag modes also Bluetooth connectivity is a plus

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,761 Posts
$150 for BT and a larger LCD display is an insane deal. But you have me concerned about losing my FEB and how yours died in one year. Did you say lifetime warranty?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yep warranty is replacing unit lifetime)don't know what my battery dying had to do with it-but unit failure coincided with battery dead) you lose fwd array-but you have a different animal than me-more similar to avedis car)I believe the 3.7 NEEDS MORE THROTTLE

·
Registered
772 Posts
Tomorrow I will show exactly what it looks like functionality and the vfwd array screen you will see whenever you use it,,hikeit and couple other companies lied to me about fitnent,,but I returned them no problems/pedal commander straight up says will not fit 12 pin#

1 - 20 of 70 Posts