Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Throttle Controller

8K views 107 replies 14 participants last post by  Brianq50sport 
#1 ·
Hello forum, I have a 2019 Q50 Luxe w ProAssist, basically bone stock right now but I am looking into getting a throttle control of some sort. Has anyone installed one and if so how does it perform and stand the test of time? Also, would it flash the ECU and void a warranty? Thank you everyone.

#2 ·
Not sure if ProAssist means you have the more complicated throttle pedal, but if not - and you have the 6-pin pedal, the Hikeit controller is simple to install and very effective. All of the controllers are "plug n play" and do not require ECU flash. The more motorized pedal is a tougher install, but still plug n play and very effective.

#3 ·
JCB said it all. No flash, no warranty worries. To be on the safe side you could remove it before taking the car in for a warranty claim, and it’ll be like it was never there. I love my HikeIt

Reactions: Q50Wolf
#4 · (Edited)
2019 Proassist models have the predictive forward collision warning, thats the motorized pedal right? They do not have the Eco pedal though if thats the issue. If the PFCW is the motorized pedal, which options are available for the models with them? We have had a topic on these a lot lately and the more I read about them, the more interested I become

Reactions: ptatohed
#6 ·
I'm just waiting for Iridium to inform me when it reaches it's lowest price and them I am ordering up! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: IridiumRS400
#7 ·
FEB requires the motorized pedal also as it pushes the pedal up when it sees a risk of forward collision.

#8 ·
Potato,,a year ago we had this discussion and I thought the difficulty with installing had caused you to sideline your project? ALSO I don't want to muddy the waters,,but their is another controller that fits and works with motorized pedals/Launchpad-Ive used it for a year,it recently just stopped working and my replacement under lifetime warranty is tracking to arrive day after tomorrow..With Launchpad you do lose your forward nannies array..I ve owned the Sprint 12 pin also and Launchpad provides a sharper stronger acceleration curve..also Bluetooth also eco sport, sport +,race, drag,
Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Tachometer Vehicle

Speedometer Car Vehicle Odometer Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Bicycle part

#15 ·
So, Brian, am I understanding that the $150 Launchpad will fit the 12 pin but I'll lose my FEB?

So how many companies offer a 12 pin? Launchpad and ($300) Sprintbooster?

#10 ·
I don't pretend to know forced induction Q50s, YET,,but I have as much or more knowledge and experience with throttle controllers going back multiple vehicles and almost 4 years use..as anyone on the site/and different brands perform differently,,but with 12 pin-severely limited in choice..

#12 ·
Doesn’t need the OBD port at all. Plugs right in to the pedal and alters it’s signal directly

#13 ·
Depends on your pedal,,could be easier without the motorized pedal that Feb equipped cars have,,take a pic of pedal/avedis can usually provide the appropriate schematic for install..No obd port required)

#14 ·
One member recently commented that his very late model car WAS MUCH EASIER TO INSTALL THROTTLE CONTROLLER,,16-19model year cars seem to have most difficult install set-up when equipped with fwd emergency braking motorized pedal assembly..

#17 ·
Keep in mind,,your car being turbocharged I believe doesn't need quite as much throttle assistance,Lil bit of voltage and your in boost-n/a car possibly has more benefits from sharper throttle input curve.only thing I can say is I had a few controllers from different companies at the same time so I could hook 1 up,try it,then hook another up and feel difference/the Sprint gave me response similar to Launchpad sport + mode-at its highest setting,I like the Launchpad unit better not because it cheaper,but because above sport+ is race,then drag modes also Bluetooth connectivity is a plus

#18 ·
$150 for BT and a larger LCD display is an insane deal. But you have me concerned about losing my FEB and how yours died in one year. Did you say lifetime warranty?

#19 ·
Yep warranty is replacing unit lifetime)don't know what my battery dying had to do with it-but unit failure coincided with battery dead) you lose fwd array-but you have a different animal than me-more similar to avedis car)I believe the 3.7 NEEDS MORE THROTTLE

#20 ·
Tomorrow I will show exactly what it looks like functionality and the vfwd array screen you will see whenever you use it,,hikeit and couple other companies lied to me about fitnent,,but I returned them no problems/pedal commander straight up says will not fit 12 pin#

#21 ·
I'm confused what we are looking at on the display of the LaunchPad unit. M is for Manual transmission? Is that necessary? What does Lock mean, what does Save mean? What are the hamburger lines for? What are the %s for?

The app screen actually looks a lot more user friendly. I'm guessing what I am seeing is the ability to select from 9 different modes (Sport through Normal) and then within each mode, you can fine tune 0 through 9?

Telephony Communication Device Portable communications device Font Audio equipment

Product Font Screenshot Electronic device Multimedia

#22 ·
Believe me I assumed all controllers were equal until I upgraded my first controller which was $45 from China to a roarpedal and man,,the highest setting almost makes car difficult to control) which is exactly what I found I LIKED,in my previous car 16 Altima 3.5 SR,which was flood totalled leading to my present Q50,,I then realized I had the dreaded tech pkg nanny loaded 12 pin which I came to find out eliminated many of my initial choices for throttle controller..So the Sprint Booster felt weak on highest setting which lead me to seek alternatives and I found Launchpad which once I was able to AT LEAST PLUG IT IN,was half the battle/but then fwd nanny array disabled,,I so needed the additional throttle signal that I kept it an returned the Sprint..approx 2 weeks waiting for replacement because they were waiting on new shipment of Q50 models)has been bit of torture because I miss the POWER ON DEMAND IMMEDIATE THRUST without stomping on pedal AND my 0-60 times have suffered/with throttle-controller bout 5.6-5.8 without well take a look...
Automotive lighting Light Motor vehicle Speedometer Automotive mirror

#23 ·
Been following these throttle controller threads, as someday would like to get one.

Being mine has no "optional" nannies, presuming this means no motorized pedal?

This "eco pedal" that is discussed...does that mean all that have ECO mode, or more specifically is it a 'special' pedal that only comes with certain options?

#24 ·
Yes m =manual other lines correspond with amount of throttle increase..it's all pretty logical and remember the Sprint is super simple and avedis loves his,,,so you do have a choice and I think they both are lifetime warranty..

#29 ·
That'd be good to have several options. My concern is going to "cheap" on a no-name, so to speak, being you certainly wouldn't want it to malfunction (like give more voltage/throttle than desired). Would think there'd be a failsafe within the unit for that though. I'm sure the factory setup has it, but since you're overriding it with this really. Probably not a concern with any reputable one, talking the too-good-to-be-true priced stuff.