Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got another ticket in NY for tints. Gonna remove it now.. SUCKS. Car looked so good with it, so tight!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How dark did you go?
What did you do with the previous ticket?

End of the month, they got to fill their quota..
i have 35%. Last ticket i went to the dmv and got it reduced by $30 so i had to pay around $70. Im gnna get it removed but do you think i should get it all removed or only take off the front passenger and driver windowS?

·
Registered
324 Posts
i have 35%. Last ticket i went to the dmv and got it reduced by $30 so i had to pay around $70. Im gnna get it removed but do you think i should get it all removed or only take off the front passenger and driver windowS?
I think you should remove... yourself from the tyranny of New York and move to where you arent persecuted for your automotive persuasion.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you should remove... yourself from the tyranny of New York and move to where you arent persecuted for your automotive persuasion.
lol if only it were that easy

·
Registered
185 Posts
You have been busted two times already in the past month or so. I think its best to just remove it, or go lighter.
How did it happen this time? Near same location as before? What did the cops meter read?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have been busted two times already in the past month or so. I think its best to just remove it, or go lighter.
How did it happen this time? Near same location as before? What did the cops meter read?
Im getting all removed lol. the meter read 35%, and it wasn't same place

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had 35% on my G37 in Buffalo and got pulled a few times but they let me go. I didn't' get them on the 50. Not worth the hassle or giving someone a reason to pull me over. I give enough of those on my own.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called two tint shops both charging $125+. Went on youtube, learned how to do it myself! So easy. Already done with front two windows. Use a steamer and it peels off without the residue sticking. Saved $125 lol

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Scrape/cut out the following pattern from the tint. Put a NYPD logo in there somewhere. I'm sure they'll appreciate the humor.

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
scrape/cut out the following pattern from the tint. Put a nypd logo in there somewhere. I'm sure they'll appreciate the humor.

lmfao

·
Registered
70 Posts
got another ticket in NY for tints. Gonna remove it now.. SUCKS. Car looked so good with it, so tight!
Wow, what part of NY are you in? I've had 35% all around on my car since I got it in Sept. and haven't been bothered whatsoever about it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm around queens. Both were on hillside but like different sides on hillside. I barely go there but I had to drop off someone at the airport =( my luck. Anyways whatever I don't wanna be bothered anymore

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heres some pics i took of the car when i took it off. And a before and after lol

Reactions: Sharunv

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
There go your chances at Q50 of the month!

Reactions: crashburndie

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't understand. If people know what the particular law regarding window tinting in your state is, why do they over tint anyways? Just asking for a ticket... Police should also fine the store that installed it.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I don't understand. If people know what the particular law regarding window tinting in your state is, why do they over tint anyways? Just asking for a ticket... Police should also fine the store that installed it.
Cause human nature is to strech the rubber band so to speck if they can.;)

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Most stores make people sign a waiver saying that they knew the law and requested the tint anyway on their "show car" or some verbiage similar to that, as users still want it, they still want the business...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.