Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone! Ive done a search and it seems like most of the threads started have more comments then pics. I'm trying to figure out what percent tint to go with. I live in NJ and will be getting Llumar installed this Saturday on my Majestic White Q50rs...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I believe this was SunTek tint

25 front
35 rear

In direct sunlight tho, it looks like I needed to go one shade darker but looks classy, haven't been hassled by cops

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts

***XPel 20% all around

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I don't know how closely New Jersey cops enforce tinting laws in the Garden State but do keep in mind while any tint darkness can be used on the 2nd row passenger and rear windows, no tint can be applied to the driver's door window, the 1st row passenger window or the windshield. No metallic or mirrored tints either. FYI in case that matters to you.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

SunTec CXP 25% on sides, 5% rear.

CXP is a great compromise on price/quality. True black, no metal, no haze (If installed correctly) and great durability for me so far, no fade. 25% is not offered by some other companies. 20% seemed a tad too dark (cop bait) but many regret 35%, as being too light.

The true black appearance is big plus for me. Many other tints look grayish, are reflective or have a tinge of color.

https://www.suntekfilms.com/automotive/automotive-cxp.aspx

Check this site out. All you’ll ever need to know about tint, maybe too much?

https://www.tintdude.com/forum/

·
Registered
649 Posts
35% Llumar Ceramic CTX on sides, 15% on rear window/deck area.

·
Registered
188 Posts
35% all around, got my chrome delete kit coming in today so it’s gonna really look nice with the tint!

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Suntek Carbon 20% on sides and rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

·
Premium Member
283 Posts