Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be a lot mis information going around. So I'll tell you how my ticket was handled.
I received a fix-it ticket (correctable violation) from the CHP with court date noted. The courtesy notice arrives a few weeks later. Both stated to fix it, obtain proof of correction (removal of tint and signed by a police officer), return to court, show judge and pay $25. Neither the ticket, courtesy notice or L.A. Superior Court automated phone system told me the bail amount (the fine to pay to walk away, avoid the court date and keep the tint) I had to physically go to the court house this morning, wait in line for about 45 minutes and ask the cashier for the bail amount to close out the ticket. The ticket/bail amount cost me $197. I keep me tint! Happy driving ya'll

P.S. $8 for parking

·
Registered
199 Posts
did you get pulled over just for tint or was there another violation that caused the stop and then they nabbbed you for tint?

The windows on my G are tinted all around and I haven't had an issue (knock on wood) since moving to So Cal from AZ almost 2 years ago...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
At least you get the option to pay and keep the tint...in vancouver if you get busted with tint (which i have) you pay the ticket, and show proof of removal within 1 month.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
But can't you get ticketed again in the future?
And..does CA have yearly auto safety/smog inspections where they check the tint before they issue the pass or fail for renewal purposes?

Reactions: waffleman

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you get pulled over just for tint or was there another violation that caused the stop and then they nabbbed you for tint?

The windows on my G are tinted all around and I haven't had an issue (knock on wood) since moving to So Cal from AZ almost 2 years ago...
Was popped only for tint. No other violations.

Side note: CHP pulled me over on city street not the freeway.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
So you will have to have Tupac's "Bail Money" playing in the background everywhere you drive your tinted windows Q50?!?:D

Reactions: 88gt

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you will have to have Tupac's "Bail Money" playing in the background everywhere you drive your tinted windows Q50?!?:D
I'm one and done with the tint ticket. Next time I'll remove the front window tint and show the court. It's just a real pain to take the time and appear in front of a judge.. FOR A TINT TICKET!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
That's an expensive fix-a- ticket.
I had tint ticket few years ago and I didn't have to go to court but to get the tint removed or ceritified to meet CA code and mail in the ticket with Local Police Officers's signature. Cost was zero.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Dam....sorry to hear you got popped. Thanks for the info. I guess I need to be cautious in LA :(

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
They just tried to pass a new law here that would add testing tint darkness to our annual safety inspections. If it had passed, you could only go for a year with tint that was darker than the 50% allowed on the front side windows. Fortunately, the bill got defeated.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Had a friend live in LA for a year or so. He said the cops there were the worst, they'd pull anyone in any car over for any little reason. He got a failure to stop ticket for briefly stopping at an empty intersection with a red light and turning right since it was clear for miles. I think that was the second or third time he got pulled over there though.

Here in Texas (or maybe just major cities in Texas) you have to do something really stupid to get pulled over, like smash into a bridge barrier, cause a 14 car pile-up or something similarly bad. That lenience has its downside though. After 10 or 11pm I regularly see drunk drivers on the highway veering left and right. Could be dumb people texting also but regardless, I don't see them getting lit up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
And..does CA have yearly auto safety/smog inspections where they check the tint before they issue the pass or fail for renewal purposes?
Not at all. Smog inspection is just to pass emmission check. Nothing else. I do it with my Accord and G35. I remember back in New Jersey long time ago I had to go through a real car inspection. Here in California there is nothing like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.