Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
2019 Q50 Red Sport 400, Dynamic Sunstone Red with Gallery White Interior
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Got my windows tinted over the weekend and I couldn鈥檛 be happier! I added a before, during and after photo 馃槑

Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake /also stillen Gen 2 long tube intake-
I agree,,have been procrastinating and not getting responses to my inquiries/attempts to schedule-tinting,,jus unacceptable 馃槫 馃槕,,gonna get it done asap. Your car is beautiful...
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

• Love
Reactions: Pl8inum23

Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake /also stillen Gen 2 long tube intake-
Can imagine,,, o_O :cool:

Registered
I mean,,I had them on my last 3 cars,,some how time is slipping by on me,,,

Registered
Tint all around is the only way!

BTW front is tinted but not as dark as the rest.
Same here, not sure what the rest is, but the windshield is only about 40% ceramic.

Attachments

Registered
I'm amazed the tinted windshield don't result in traffic stops. You guys should buy lottery tickets.
It's extremely common here in south Florida tbh, Most cop cars at least have a light tint across the windshield for the heat, let alone the undercover cars that are impossible to see into lmaoo. For me too, my chargers dash panel got destroyed in the sun/heat, and being I bought the Q so low miles I opted to try and protect the interior as much as possible to avoid that again.

Administrator
Newport, Oregon
I like my ceramic tint but when wearing polarized sunglasses, I get a rainbow effect looking out the side windows when the sun is right.

Registered
2021 Q50 Sig. Edition
It's extremely common here in south Florida tbh, Most cop cars at least have a light tint across the windshield for the heat, let alone the undercover cars that are impossible to see into lmaoo. For me too, my chargers dash panel got destroyed in the sun/heat, and being I bought the Q so low miles I opted to try and protect the interior as much as possible to avoid that again.
I lived in south Florida for 20 years -- it wasn't extremely common then, but maybe things have changed in the past 10 years. Here's what I know for sure: If you get in an accident and someone is injured (or worse) and anyone -- the police, the insurance, or the injured party -- can find even part of that fault is due to the illegal windshield tint, you're very screwed. Not worth it, IMO.

I had at least 10 cars in south Florida. Not one got destroyed in the sun. One had minor dash damage because I was too lazy to use a sun shield when I had it parked.

Btw, I'm not talking about a legal tint strip across the top of the windshield, which is allowed almost everywhere in Florida IIRC.

Registered
I had at least 10 cars in south Florida. Not one got destroyed in the sun. One had minor dash damage because I was too lazy to use a sun shield when I had it parked.

Btw, I'm not talking about a legal tint strip across the top of the windshield, which is allowed almost everywhere in Florida IIRC.
To each their own, peace of mind is priceless to me so after the qoute to fix the other interior don鈥檛 want to leave it to chance.
I did hear about the insurance thing, but I don鈥檛 drive much anymore, so there鈥檚 a lower chance per say of an accident so hopefully never occurs haha
And yeah, I have a strip that stops at the AS1 line, I鈥檝e seen some ridiculous strips that come far to low and look hideous though.

Registered
2021 Q50 Sig. Edition
To each their own, peace of mind is priceless to me so after the qoute to fix the other interior don鈥檛 want to leave it to chance.
I did hear about the insurance thing, but I don鈥檛 drive much anymore, so there鈥檚 a lower chance per say of an accident so hopefully never occurs haha
And yeah, I have a strip that stops at the AS1 line, I鈥檝e seen some ridiculous strips that come far to low and look hideous though.
If you just have a windshield strip, disregard my comment. I thought you tinted your entire windshield, which creates a bunch of liability and is a crazy thing to do.

Administrator
Newport, Oregon
No I have both lol!
Windshield tinting is illegal in all 50 states either below the AS1 line or below 4"-6" from the top of the windshield.

Reactions: Brianq50sport

Registered
Yup,,play at your own risk,,most law enforcement would rather sign in more significant activity in their duty log than traffic stop/warning",,or citation issued" for window tint infraction/,,so you could motor along for years without incident.

Administrator
Newport, Oregon
Yup,,play at your own risk,,most law enforcement would rather sign in more significant activity in their duty log than traffic stop/warning",,or citation issued" for window tint infraction/,,so you could motor along for years without incident.
The way police forces are stretched, I doubt there is much attention given to tints unless your car is drug dealer tinted.

Reactions: Brianq50sport

Registered
I laugh at certain individuals thinking they are being watched" and exhibiting mindless paranoia about some misdemeanoring on their part, feel like saying-do you realize the budgeting involved in any surveillance operation",,they don't have time or money), for penny ante imaginary felons..

Reactions: damonb10
1 - 20 of 27 Posts