Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2021 Q50 Sig. Edition
306 Posts
I laugh at certain individuals thinking they are being watched" and exhibiting mindless paranoia about some misdemeanoring on their part, feel like saying-do you realize the budgeting involved in any surveillance operation",,they don't have time or money), for penny ante imaginary felons..
What surveillance operation? Cops drive around and pull people over for minor infractions all the time, and I don't consider a fully tinted windshield to be that minor -- it's truly a safety issue. It's also an additional ticket if someone gets pulled over for speeding (or whatever).

That said, my primary concern isn't bored police officers, it's life-altering judgments resulting from preventable traffic accidents. It happens, but most people don't think it can happen to them. Famous last words...

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,363 Posts
All else aside, tint that is obviously too dark under state law just gives LEOs an excuse to pull you over and check you out for warrants, drugs, DUI, etc., just like having a license plate light out.

· Registered
19 Posts
What surveillance operation? Cops drive around and pull people over for minor infractions all the time, and I don't consider a fully tinted windshield to be that minor -- it's truly a safety issue. It's also an additional ticket if someone gets pulled over for speeding (or whatever).

That said, my primary concern isn't bored police officers, it's life-altering judgments resulting from preventable traffic accidents. It happens, but most people don't think it can happen to them. Famous last words...
I actually look at it the opposite way; I always have something slightly illegal with my car (Acura has no front plate and 35% tints in the front), that way if I do get pulled over for something more major (speeding), IF the cop feels like being nice (I know, it's contingent on this) and doesn't wanna tarnish my good record, he'll let me off with the minor ticket.

In NJ it's not legal to have any tints on your front windows, and yet there's plenty of PoPo running around with limo tints all around (but that's neither here nor there).

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,363 Posts
I actually look at it the opposite way; I always have something slightly illegal with my car (Acura has no front plate and 35% tints in the front), that way if I do get pulled over for something more major (speeding), IF the cop feels like being nice (I know, it's contingent on this) and doesn't wanna tarnish my good record, he'll let me off with the minor ticket.

In NJ it's not legal to have any tints on your front windows, and yet there's plenty of PoPo running around with limo tints all around (but that's neither here nor there).
The shop I had install my ceramic tint only had 30% available and the limit in Oregon is 35% on side and rear windows. I guess I'm a scofflaw too.

Reactions: Brianq50sport

· Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50S Silver Sport
229 Posts
There is a light blue tint for front windshields. I have actually seen a few Lamborghinis, Ferrari's use this stuff all the way around. So people can see who's driving the bad ass car. You can get a script from an eye doctor or if you have skin cancer or other medical conditions to get this legally on your wip. It's not cheap. But it is super effective. Best thing is if installed correctly you can't even see it. I have got light sun burn on long trips in the Q on my for arms.

• Helpful
Reactions: Scarlet RaceCar

· Registered
2021 Q50 Sig. Edition
306 Posts
There is a light blue tint for front windshields. I have actually seen a few Lamborghinis, Ferrari's use this stuff all the way around. So people can see who's driving the bad ass car. You can get a script from an eye doctor or if you have skin cancer or other medical conditions to get this legally on your wip. It's not cheap. But it is super effective. Best thing is if installed correctly you can't even see it. I have got light sun burn on long trips in the Q on my for arms.
There are other manufacturers that make similar products with no tint but with UV/heat rejection, like this one. I'm sure this could be installed on a windshield if it was REALLY about protecting the car, but it's more about the appearance of having a tinted windshield, IMO.

I tint every car I buy -- usually 35% ceramic all around (other than the windshield, obviously), because that's what's legal on the front windows and I like the same tint all around.

· Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50S Silver Sport
229 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

I think the Q definitely needs a windshield strip. Above or below the A/S line is yours or the tinters discretion, BUT not to dark. Match the rest of the car. The sun is always in your eyes. Other vehicles either sit you farther back or have a longer roof. Either way it would screw up the design of the Q. I used to go 1 step over legal limits on everything. However when they need to warranty out a piece of tint they would only put back on the legal limit. After the 3rd time re-doing my Mach-1. They told me my lifetime warranty was over. I guess most people don't keep their cars for 15 years as a every day driver.

Yes, the Llumar is the blue tint I was talking about. They call It clear but it has a slight blue hue to it.

Reactions: Brianq50sport
21 - 27 of 27 Posts