Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I agree with you wholeheartedly, the run-flat are shitty tires! I would want: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...014&autoModel=Q50 3.7 Premium&autoModClar=AWD

The Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires are amazing, I had them on 2006 MB E350 and they changed everything about the car, the comfort, the ride, and the handling. I just don’t like the fact that I “need” to replace 500 mile old tires :(. Advice, am I wrong?

Thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I really like the A/S 3's and they completely changed the way the car rides. I dumped the RFT's the second day I owned the car and never looked back. The A/S 3's may not be the quietest tire out there on all road surface's but they are a huge plus over the RFT's

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know you will get a lot of recommendation here, but here is mine.

First of all, I'm all in for great MPG, that's why I bought the Hybrid model, but also, I hate noisy tires and also look for the best comfort, ride and handling, just like you, so, for my wife's Hyundai Elantra 2013, with just 20,000 miles on it I needed to replace the OEM tires (bad ones), and while looking and looking and ended up on Costco and saw that they had their famous $80 discount when buying 4 Bridgestone tires, and the ones they were heavily promoting were the ECOPIA, I googled those tires and just read GREAT stories, even a review from a trusted magazine's site where they confirmed the Advertized increased on MPG, so I went ahead and bought them, in worst case scenario they were really cheap comparing to most.

The handling and ride were dramatically improved, they feel great in our very bad roads, but the most important one, my wife's car was giving us a combined MPG of 24 MPG, since 12/2, that I bought this tire and almost 1,000 miles later, it has giving me a constant 29 MPG combined, and in the actual tank it is 30 MPG.

So, as you can see nothing beats a great, cheap and ECO friendly tire, at least that's my experience, so believe me, as soon as this POS Run Flat are ready to be replaced I will look for this tires on Costco, or, I've found this others Continental, that as far as I can see by the recent user reviews, seems to be just as good as the Bridgestone Ecopia, so just take that in consideration. For me it will be great to add even 1 more MPG, to my actual 32 MPG average, just by changing tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice, I put A/S 3s and the ride is MUCH better, it’s not a MB (which is fine) but much better.

I also lowered the psi to 32-33 and not 35 and that also makes a difference.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm thnking about swapping my 19" RFTs to these.
These got pretty good reviews from people on this forum when I was looking through prior posts and on Tirerack.

They are pretty cheap to.

I think the tread life wasn't as good as the A/S 3's.

For me that is fine since I'm on a lease.
I just need a set of tires to last for most of my lease.

[edit] oh ye also these are sumer tires. If your in the snow.. these may be bad tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo+K110

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thnking about swapping my 19" RFTs to these.
These got pretty good reviews from people on this forum when I was looking through prior posts and on Tirerack.

They are pretty cheap to.

I think the tread life wasn't as good as the A/S 3's.

For me that is fine since I'm on a lease.
I just need a set of tires to last for most of my lease.

[edit] oh ye also these are sumer tires. If your in the snow.. these may be bad tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo+K110
I have/had the A/S Plus’s on my 2000 Crown Vic and a 2006 E class, I love the tires… love them. I will only buy Michelin from now on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.