Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I hit a pathhole on Brooklyn bridge driving 40mph. Today I noticed a small (about 1in in diameter) bubble on the edge of the tire.
What should i do?
Do I have any chances of replacing it for free? Or should i just buy a new tire.
The car has 2000 miles and almost 2 month old.
Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sounds like an excuse to get new rims and tires. On a serious note, I don't mess around with iffy tires. Seen too many ugly aftermath of accidents with front tire blow outs on the freeway. At the very least have a professional look at it.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
New tire needed, possibly a new rim. Get the sheckles out.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
You bought the tire and wheel protection package, right? I'd call the dealer/finance manager you dealt with and double check that.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Yesterday, I hit a pathhole on Brooklyn bridge driving 40mph. Today I noticed a small (about 1in in diameter) bubble on the edge of the tire.
What should i do?
Do I have any chances of replacing it for free? Or should i just buy a new tire.
The car has 2000 miles and almost 2 month old.
Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The tires are very susceptible to pot holes. Get road hazard. If you take the tire to Infiniti they will make you pay for a new one, but if you go to Goodyear, who apparently owns Dunlop, they will most likely replace it for free. They replaced two for me after I hit a pot hole for free. It's very difficult to tell on a run flat if there was impact damage. I, of course, didn't volunteer that I had actually hit a pot hole. I still went ahead and bought road hazard from Goodyear though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have Bridgestone Potenza Runflats.

Got my tire changed for free (practically) :)

Sooo this is what I did:

I called Bridgestone and told them that I have a small bubble on my front tire.
I asked if Bridgestone can replace it since the tire is only 2 month old.
They told me that it is definitely not a manufacturers defect and I will have to pay for a new tire myself. Which is about $240 plus labor.

However, nice lady told me if I buy road hazard warranty for all four tires they will replace my front tire for free. I went to the closest tire store and paid for tire hazard warranty and labor.

The guys from the shop brought the same model# tire, but not a runflat. They said they can get runflat by Thursday. Unfortunately, I had to go back to NY on Jan 1st.
I asked them to switch the tire with the rear one so if it blows up, at least I will have control over the vehicle. Since I have the warranty I will change it in a different shop in New York (double checked that with Bridgestone as well).

Called to the closest store, they will deliver the tire on Monday.
Hopefully, it will be the end of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.