Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Luxe AWD, Stock + JB4
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing some tire pressure fluctuation with the colder weather. Yesterday it was a little warmer as I was leaving work and my car did not like 30 psi in the LR tire or the FL tire (I think it may have started out at 29 before I took note). This morning it was colder on my way to work and the car finds 28 psi to be perfectly acceptable on my FL and RR tires. Does anyone know the secret formula for acceptable tire pressures? Also as the tires warm they all get to over 30 but the original wheels throwing the warning do not seem to clear (assuming it may need more time at acceptable pressure for the warning to clear).

To Subject Sent Size Categories
Jeffrey Blessing 3:29 PM 77 KB

·
Registered
82 Posts
The threshold is 8psi. The extreme cold must be messing with your sensors.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
The TPMS is designed to alert you when the tire pressure measured by the sensor is 27 PSI or less. The sensors are typically accurate within ± 1 PSI. It's possible that the differences you are seeing at 27 PSI and 28 PSI are due to the variability of the sensor accuracy. How long have you driven at around after your tires have warmed up? It's recommended that you drive at 25 MPH or more for at least 10 minutes for the warnings to clear and that will take longer if it's really cold outside.

Reactions: Call4God

·
Registered
2018 Luxe AWD, Stock + JB4
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drove about 25 minutes at various speeds, mostly over 25mph. I looked in the manual and came across this....pretty cool...anyone try this ? Not sure if it was an option or all Q's have it.

Vehicle set-up: 1. Park the vehicle in a safe and level place. 2. Apply the parking brake and place the shift lever in the P (Park) position. 3. Place the ignition switch in the ON position. Do not start the engine. Operation: 1. Add air to the tire. 2. After a few seconds, the hazard indicators will start flashing. 3. When the designated pressure is reached, the horn beeps once and the hazard indicators stop flashing. 4. Perform the above steps for each tire. . If the tire is over-inflated more than approximately 4 psi (30 kPa), the horn beeps and the hazard indicators flash 3 times. To correct the pressure, push the core of the valve stem on the tire briefly to release pressure. When the pressure reaches the designated pressure, the horn beeps once. . If the hazard indicator does not flash within approximately 15 seconds after starting to inflate the tire, it indicates that the Tire Inflation Indicator is not operating. .

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
Drove about 25 minutes at various speeds, mostly over 25mph. I looked in the manual and came across this....pretty cool...anyone try this ? Not sure if it was an option or all Q's have it.

Vehicle set-up: 1. Park the vehicle in a safe and level place. 2. Apply the parking brake and place the shift lever in the P (Park) position. 3. Place the ignition switch in the ON position. Do not start the engine. Operation: 1. Add air to the tire. 2. After a few seconds, the hazard indicators will start flashing. 3. When the designated pressure is reached, the horn beeps once and the hazard indicators stop flashing. 4. Perform the above steps for each tire. . If the tire is over-inflated more than approximately 4 psi (30 kPa), the horn beeps and the hazard indicators flash 3 times. To correct the pressure, push the core of the valve stem on the tire briefly to release pressure. When the pressure reaches the designated pressure, the horn beeps once. . If the hazard indicator does not flash within approximately 15 seconds after starting to inflate the tire, it indicates that the Tire Inflation Indicator is not operating. .
All Q's have the Tire Inflation Indicator system. I use a tire pressure gauge instead as it's more accurate.

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
All Q's have the Tire Inflation Indicator system. I use a tire pressure gauge instead as it's more accurate.
Same here. Longacre digital gauge for me.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Reactions: gSwift

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Which model do you have? I've been looking for a decent digital tire gauge
I have a compressor with a 15 gallon tank and a hose reel so I use one of these. Of course it will work fine with a small pancake compressor. Seems pretty accurate. This new model uses 2 AAA batteries instead of a single large button battery. Longer life and easier to change.

Reactions: gSwift

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50S Silver Sport
160 Posts
Screenshot_20210221-134528_Chrome.jpg
I have been using this Napa gauge for about 15 years. It's never let me down. It has 2 batteries inside that seem to last 2-3 years. Has real thick rubber cover to protect the gauge when you drop it. They also make it with a hose and dual foot chuck for truck and dually tires. I've used it as low as 6.5 psi for the track.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts