Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened, the Dunlop tire bubbled and popped. I want to replace all 4 with seasonal regular tires. My tire size is P245/40/RF19.

Any recommendation is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
There are numerous threads covering this topic but the big picks for a solid performance tire are as follows.

FirestoneFirehawk Indy 500 (Summer)
FALKEN Azenis FK510 (Summer)
Continental Pro Contact DWS06 (All-season)
Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3+(All-season)

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Well it finally happened, the Dunlop tire bubbled and popped. I want to replace all 4 with seasonal regular tires. My tire size is P245/40/RF19.

Any recommendation is appreciated.
If you're going to replace all 4 consider going up to 255/40-R19. Better rim protection and a bigger contact patch. Lots of us have. I'll never go back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your suggestions. I've decided to go with the Continental Pro Contact DWS06 (All-season). Now I will need a spare and jack, also retro-fit my small trunk to make room for them. Should I just get a donut size spare?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
I've put about 14,000 miles on my DWS06 tires and you will immediately notice the improvement in how your car rides and handles vs. the Dumbflops. There are excellent threads on the forum about installing a space-saver spare and the associated hardware in a Q with no spare. You should check those out if you're going the spare tire route. You won't regret getting rid of those awful Dumbflop RFTs.

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
There are numerous threads covering this topic but the big picks for a solid performance tire are as follows.

FirestoneFirehawk Indy 500 (Summer)
FALKEN Azenis FK510 (Summer)
Continental Pro Contact DWS06 (All-season)
Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3+(All-season)
...........and as previously mentioned, a tire size of 255/40-19.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my new Continental DSW06 today, WOW what a difference! After dropping $1,000 I sure hope they last and perform well.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Got my new Continental DSW06 today, WOW what a difference! After dropping $1,000 I sure hope they last and perform well.
Congrats sir, a fair number of the forums have the DWS06 installed and have had no issues with performance or having them last.
A side note if your on a lease you should store your old Runflats so that when you return the lease you have a new set of tires and don't need to replace them before turn in.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Actually, this car is not a lease. However; I do have 2 Dunlap runflats for sale if u are interested.
Congrats! You will have no regrets. Good luck selling the RFTs 😉

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looking at replacing the tires on a 2019 RS a few days after I pick it up from the dealer. I had the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ quoted at $1211 out the door including free balancing, rotations, tire repair and road hazard for the life of the tires. I realize that I'll probably be replacing these every 2 years or 30K miles anyway based on wear as they say these cars wear tires excessively. I called Tire Rack, and several dealers in town, and they all said the Michelin's are "the" best tire for this car. The Continental CT DWS 06's are nice too and I can save a few bucks but I have always been a Michelin guy. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tires are definitely a personal preference based on several factors. I drive quite a bit more per year than average 30 to 40k per year and I am very picky about a smooth quiet ride. Handling is secondary for me based on the highway miles I drive. I have to vote for the Conti DWS 06. I ALWAYS go with Michelin. Because I buy my cars used, I have tried most of the popular UHP and Grand touring tires including the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3, Michelin Primacy, Yokohama advan S/P, Bridgestone potenza, Hankook Ventus, Dunlops, and the general g max. The non michelins were already on the cars I bought and I got rid of the Bridgestone and the Dunlops the quickest.
Michelins were the best for my Lexus sedans GS350 and IS350, but the Contis are outstanding in all categories for the Q.
FWIW

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Looking at replacing the tires on a 2019 RS a few days after I pick it up from the dealer. I had the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ quoted at $1211 out the door including free balancing, rotations, tire repair and road hazard for the life of the tires. I realize that I'll probably be replacing these every 2 years or 30K miles anyway based on wear as they say these cars wear tires excessively. I called Tire Rack, and several dealers in town, and they all said the Michelin's are "the" best tire for this car. The Continental CT DWS 06's are nice too and I can save a few bucks but I have always been a Michelin guy. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
Just picked up a set of AS/3+ for under $800 CND, anything over $1000 is pushing it IMO but so far I've really enjoyed them on my G37. My roommate has the DWS 06 and he really enjoys them but he drives a GTI, honestly can't go wrong with either the AS/3+ bit more sporty
Conti's are a better all-round tire.

Tires are definitely a personal preference based on several factors. I drive quite a bit more per year than average 30 to 40k per year and I am very picky about a smooth quiet ride. Handling is secondary for me based on the highway miles I drive. I have to vote for the Conti DWS 06. I ALWAYS go with Michelin. Because I buy my cars used, I have tried most of the popular UHP and Grand touring tires including the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3, Michelin Primacy, Yokohama advan S/P, Bridgestone potenza, Hankook Ventus, Dunlops, and the general g max. The non michelins were already on the cars I bought and I got rid of the Bridgestone and the Dunlops the quickest.
Michelins were the best for my Lexus sedans GS350 and IS350, but the Contis are outstanding in all categories for the Q.
FWIW
+1 Sir.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ordered some Pilot Sport 4Ss today.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I'm going to give a try with the Firestone Firehawk Indi 500's next. I may regret not replacing my 4S's with the same tire, but I do like the cost savings, and apparently they are pretty darn good.

I have to say the 4S's are jewelry. The inside is super smooth unlike any other tire I have seen. The sport ride, lack of noise, balance, and grip are stellar.

If the Indi 500's are close I'll be happy. If not I'll try to use them up quickly. Then spend more for what I KNOW works. Unless I get negitive feedback on the Indi 500's b4 the time comes to replace my tires

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just ordered my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. Should be in early this coming week and will make time to get new shoes;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Picked up two PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS for the rears after one Dunlop had a slit in the side wall yesterday. Definitely a bit quite compared to the Dunlop’s but time will tell.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for your suggestions. I've decided to go with the Continental Pro Contact DWS06 (All-season). Now I will need a spare and jack, also retro-fit my small trunk to make room for them. Should I just get a donut size spare?
We went down this route. Got the spare, jack, the foam spacers under the carpet that raised the trunk floor, etc. By the way, the trunk carpet will no longer fit around the perimeter properly and looks bad. The problem is that there isn't anything to hold the spare down and it just thunked over every bump. It just floors me that they don't have the "bung" at the bottom of the trunk with a thread so that a spare could be secured. I guess in the old days, it was there whether equipped with a spare or not. We returned the spare tire, jack, and finally rationalized the expense of the spare tire kit for an auto club membership, or the cost of a tow and a night in a hotel.

We have been lucky and flat free. Also replaced the crappy Dunlops with the Continental Pro Contact. Very pleased with that tire, just wish they could up the speed rating. We went with the ProContact MOE runflat tires. The sidewalls are not as rigid as the Dunlop making the care more comfortable and less problematic when driving in road ruts. The Dunlop's rigid sidwalls caused the car to climb in and out of the ruts and hard to control the car at speed.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts