Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't find anything for the question I have so hopefully I didn't repost this.

Since we have TPMS on our car is it OK to do tire rotation(front and back swap or cross swap) without any problem or we have to reset the sensor after each time we rotated?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never cross swap tires. ever. they will disintegrate. Front to back/back to front. Same side only. Its a stupid way to kill yourself.
Thanks for the heads up but it depends on the type of tires you have. What you said is not 100% true tho.. If your tires are directional then yes you can only do front to back/back to front, but if you have non-directional tires then you need to cross rotate.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Thanks for the heads up but it depends on the type of tires you have. What you said is not 100% true tho.. If your tires are directional then yes you can only do front to back/back to front, but if you have non-directional tires then you need to cross rotate.
The manual says only front to back and vice versa, not crossing them.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I didn't find anything for the question I have so hopefully I didn't repost this.

Since we have TPMS on our car is it OK to do tire rotation(front and back swap or cross swap) without any problem or we have to reset the sensor after each time we rotated?
TPMS not required to be reset once you rotate your tires as the manual says only front to back and vice versa, not crossing them.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's because our tires are directional.. and thanks for the info on no need to reset TPMS!

·
Registered
395 Posts
... any problem or we have to reset the sensor after each time we rotated?
I asked my dealer the same question. They said after rotation, the car will figure it out. It may take some miles of driving for the computer to figure it out though. I don't recall anyone reporting back if the time required is minutes or hours.

There is a "TPMS Reset" item one one of the Intouch menus- not sure what it does or if this is what is referred to in the owners manual

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked my dealer the same question. They said after rotation, the car will figure it out. It may take some miles of driving for the computer to figure it out though. I don't recall anyone reporting back if the time required is minutes or hours.

There is a "TPMS Reset" item one one of the Intouch menus- not sure what it does or if this is what is referred to in the owners manual
Great stuff! I will look into it! Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.