Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Finally got my 2015Q50S Just wonder if I can replace stock tires (245/40/19) to 255/45/19 Any helpful advice wud be appreciated

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
255/40-19 is what I, and many other AWD folks run. Slightly taller which adds more rim protection. 255/40-19 vs 245/40-19 has a higher load capacity, larger contact patch, and is not so large you loose performance, like a 305 will.
IMHO it's the best size to run for a square setup. I personally would run them on a RWD too. But that's just me. I like to rotate my tires. I have them on my AWD Q50 RS and have zero complaints. They worked very well on the track.
Remember the 2012 G37IPL had 225 front and 245 rear. So 255's all around is a LOT of rubber. It had a 348 HP 3.7L a bit more HP than yours. (Same motor as yours)
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for advice Reason y I want 45 it because I’d like to see my Q50S a little bit higher as well as some rim protections I’m not abusing my car while driving lol (maybe sometimes 😂🙈)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I use Size My Tires, going with that setup, you would be 5% over not recommended, under 3% is ok.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
The 255/40-19 has a larger outside diameter than the 245/40-19 FYI. Small enough to keep the speedo in line, but the LOAD CAPACITY is higher giving you much better rim protection. Check out the numbers. My dealership agreed the 255/40-19 was a far better size to run. They installed the AS 3+ 255's at no cost when I purchased my Q. Zero regrets. I do have a donut spare, jack, etc.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The 255/40-19 has a larger outside diameter than the 245/40-19 FYI. Small enough to keep the speedo in line, but the LOAD CAPACITY is higher giving you much better rim protection. Check out the numbers. My dealership agreed the 255/40-19 was a far better size to run. They installed the AS 3+ 255's at no cost when I purchased my Q. Zero regrets. I do have a donut spare, jack, etc.
John he is asking about ,255/45/19. I know what your saying. The ones he has on now are also over 3%.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
John he is asking about ,255/45/19. I know what your saying.
Yep, I knew that. I was just clarifying that the 255 in 40 profile was still larger, not the same as a 245/40-19. I have a set of 245/30-19's snows I'll sell for $400. Almost new and cost over $1000. I got them thinking they would fit. They fit the Porsche Cayenne SUV. They still have the rubber titties on them. Pirelli's. Collecting dust in my garage. Maybe this fall I'll sell em?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Yep, I knew that. I was just clarifying that the 255 in 40 profile was still larger, not the same as a 245/40-19. I have a set of 245/30-19's snows I'll sell for $400. Almost new and cost over $1000. I got them thinking they would fit. They fit the Porsche Cayenne SUV. They still have the rubber titties on them. Pirelli's. Collecting dust in my garage. Maybe this fall I'll sell em?
Rubber titties? You mean molding vent sprues?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Yep! 😁 But for us HS dropouts they are rubber titties, unlike the rubber titties on the old Cadillac's. I knew they were mold vents, but forgot "sprues" so dumbed it down so everyone knew what I was talking about. 😉

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Yep! 😁 But for us HS dropouts they are rubber titties, unlike the rubber titties on the old Cadillac's. I knew they were mold vents, but forgot "sprues" so dumbed it down so everyone knew what I was talking about. 😉
I worked summers for Tektronix when I was going to college and the plastic injection molding department is where I spent one summer making plastic knobs and such for oscilloscopes. I trimmed countless sprues off of parts. One of the most monotonous jobs I've ever had.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I worked summers for Tektronix when I was going to college and the plastic injection molding department is where I spent one summer making plastic knobs and such for oscilloscopes. I trimmed countless sprues off of parts. One of the most monotonous jobs I've ever had.
When I was in college I worked at a felt factory. Many late nights I layed on my back, in 100+ deg heat, with a piece of metal banding picking melted nylon out of the brush rollars. After some idiot ran scrap nylon into the machine by mistake. Miserable job. I had an 8AM class the next AM, after at best, only 4 hrs of sleep. Tough days.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guess I’ll go with 255/40/19 after current ones. I cant really find any info about 255/45/19 anywhere Most comments and suggestions I gooooogle was 255/4019and nothing about 255/45/19😌 Thx guys for help 🤝

1 - 13 of 13 Posts